Moving to Washington

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by bfeucht, Sep 7, 2002.

1. bfeucht New Member

Chicago, IL, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Help,

I am moving to the Redmond area and would like to be close to some good fly water. Where should I live?????? :DUNNO My price range is between 450-700K. Please I need help!

Brian
    bfeucht@yahoo.com
  2. toadthedry Member

bainbridge island, wa, usa.
    live in issaquah- not too far from eastern wash- the yakima and the lakes like dry falls etc
  3. mtp1032 New Member

Sammamish, WA, US.
    If your bent is steelhead, then redmond and north puts you close to some of the best steelhead rivers in the continental U.S.

If you like steelhead wannabes :TONGUE then get close to I90 (e.g., Issaquah/Sammamish). That way you can get to the Yakima (A truly blue-ribbon stream) in about an hour, and the eastside lakes in no more than 3 hours.

Welcome,

Michael
    Remember, Son. Catch, Gloat, then Release.
  4. yfl010c New Member

Redmond, WA.
    I recently moved to the eastern edge of redman and it is a nice location for getting to fishing. Snoqualmie 20-30' away with lots of naive, small cutts. Not to far from I-90, the Yakima and points east and only just over an hour to the Stilly where you can wade for searuns and steelhead. Other steelhead rivers are nearby as well and coastal fishing is not to far away.

When it comes down to it, I don't think there are many bad locations.

BK
  5. Randy Knapp Active Member

Warm Springs, Virginia, USA.
    The best thing I can say is be within 10 minutes or so of a major highway and you'll be fine.

Randy
  6. o mykiss Active Member

Ratings: +176 / 0
    Hmmm . . . if I didn't have to drive into Redmond during rush hour I might think about trying to find something on/near the mainstem Snoqualmie above Fall City. If you could afford something on the river, you'd have access to some decent steelhead water (well, you would even if you didn't live right on the water, but who wouldn't love having a river right out your back door?). I-90 is easily accessed from Fall City up the road at Preston, which puts you within easy reach of the Snoqualmie Forks, Rattlesnake Lake (just above North Bend), and a little further afield, the Yakima. It's also not too bad for accessing the Skykomish using the backroads (if I have a whole day to fish, I may spend part of it on the Snoqualmie mainstem then drive up the backroads to the Sky). With easy access to I-90, you can get west (and north or south from Seattle) to fish the saltchuck.

But if I had to drive to Redmond during rush hour, I don't think I'd pick that area (Fall City), because I have to imagine trying to get into Redmond from there is a total drag during rush hour. Might as well live in Redmond then - save yourself the aggravation of sitting in traffic on two lane roads for two hours every day and you'll still be in a good spot for getting out to lots of different waters.