Mt Rainier Tragedy Opens Nonsense Debate

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Desolate, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desolate New Member

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    As you all may have heard, there was a terrible tragedy that occurred on New Years Day in which a National Park Service Ranger, Margaret Anderson, was shot and killed by a man that will remain nameless.

This is a ridiculous spin off debate that formed because of this incident. For some reason, a politician has determined that this incident occurred because guns are allowed in National Parks.

The end of this article: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/02/police-hunt-gunman-after-mount-rainier-national-park-ranger-shot-and-killed/

This topic: http://soundpolitics.com/archives/015205.html

To use this event as a foot hold to reopen this debate is disrespectful of the truth and disrespectful of the victim. The only word I can think of is "Scum".
  2. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +562 / 0
    "Scum-sucking liar"? That's a stupid description from a stupid redneck. The guy was basically stating his opinion, nothing more. That makes him a scum-sucking liar??????? This is a worthless post. I suppose we can expect 10 pages of posts from gun guys on here. Boring...
  3. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +704 / 1
    This sad and senseless act could have as easily been done with a host of weapons...
  4. lylelovett666 Active Member

seattle,wa
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    So this happened because guns are allowed in National Parks and this could have been prevented by outlawing guns in NPs.Funny because last time I checked murder is illegal but that didn't seem to stop this ass from shooting and killing people.This douch trying to push an agenda with a tragedy is a first rate ass hat.
  5. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +641 / 0
    You knew this would make it's way onto the forum, It's like a moth to the flame its inevitable, I'm guessing there will be far more than a mere ten pages.Welcome to the new year!!!!
  6. Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +259 / 0
  7. Jim Welch Veni, Vidi, Fishi

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +11 / 0
    So, Larry, I am interested in your opinion, did a gun kill the ranger or some deranged dude kill the ranger?

Do you really think that if there was a law against guns in National Parks the ranger would not have died?

You anti-gun guys just dont use reason to support your positions, I just dont get it.
  8. Klickrolf Active Member

Klickitat, Washington
    Ratings: +138 / 0
    Dryflylarry, you're dead wrong on this (so dead wrong that more people will die for nothing and less criminal killers will be stopped). Sent you a PM before I post a real reply...you ain't gonna like it. I didn't even like writing it but your post demands it.
  9. Klickrolf Active Member

Klickitat, Washington
    Your post insures it dryflylarry!!
  10. Westfork Member

too far west
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    Makes perfect sense to me... guy with problems.... gets involved in a shootout at a NY party, starts running from the law... may be contemplating suicide by LE... finds his way up to Mt. Rainier National Park... and right there staring him right in the face so clear and clear that he can't ignore it:
    *Guns not allowed in National Park*. What the hell would he do, except pull over to side of the road and start chucking all that fire power in the ditch so he can continue his escape through this gun free bastion... why can't you gun people see the logic of this?

Did I mention the sign said: NO GUNS ALLOWED.
  11. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +699 / 2
    Or, just listen to a bunch of f'n idiots who believe we should all just think the same as them. A gun ban in National Parks would have done nothing to deter this. Just as a gun ban in Seattle parks won't deter criminals from criminals criminalizing people in those parks. Law abiding, gun carrying people, aren't the issue.

DFL, enjoy your retirement that those of us in the private sector provided you. Maybe say thanks rather than bashing people for their views.

Also, why is the guy a stupid redneck? Is it because he lives in Puyallup or is it because he has a different opinion than you? I know why you're a f'n idiot. So, I don't mind stating what I know from experience.
  12. robspe7370 Member

Poquoson, VA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Being a foreigner to WA, I will play nice. I think it should be stated that a very important fact has not entered this thread. That fact being that not just any swinging dick can legally carry into a national park;you have to have a CCW permit. If this guy did not have one then all arguments about guns in parks are irrelevant, and this just another case of a common criminal carrying a gun illegally regardless of the law(like criminals usually do.) IMO, it just further demonstrates why the average Joe should be allowed to carry. If his whim suited the shooter could have just as easily shot at a civilian.
  13. ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

Eagle River, Alaska
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    How bout we don't sell guns to messed up people who are trained killers?

Seriously...
  14. Richard Olmstead BigDog

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +782 / 0
    We won't be safe until everyone carries a gun and is sufficiently trained in its use to be able to shoot before the other guy does.
  15. Klickrolf Active Member

Klickitat, Washington
    Too bad there were not any gun carrying civilians in the area, maybe if they'd been there the killer would have been killed prior to his killing...too much killing here!! Dryflylarry needs to reconsider his opinions.
  16. Klickrolf Active Member

Klickitat, Washington
    That is the truth Mr. Olmstead, thank you for stating it!
  17. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,600 / 2
    In before the lockdown
  18. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +562 / 0
    Jim- To answer your questions: The deranged dude killed the ranger. No, I don't think the law would have made any difference in the park. No, I am not an anti-gun guy, but in fact own a couple. I just think calling someone a scum sucking liar is pretty poor.

As for you "PT", you're the f'..ng idiot, we all know that....
  19. Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

N. Edmonds / Mukilteo, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    We won't be safe until everyone carries a gun and is sufficiently trained in its use to be able to shoot at exactly the same time the other guy does.
  20. Jim Welch Veni, Vidi, Fishi

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +11 / 0
    I appreciate the response Larry, thanks.

You do have to admit that the the person that is using this tragedy for banning guns in parks is either naieve, clueless or a drama maker and really should be putting his energy into something more credible.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.