"Muddy" Tasting Trout - Why?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Gregg Lundgren, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Lex Story

Lex Story Angler, Gastronomist, Artist, Jarhead, Geek

I forgot to mention, I make crisscross shallow cuts in the skin to prevent the tough condition that you mention. This also prevents the connective tissue in the skin from curling the roulade once it starts to cook.
    Rabbit farce with dried currants and apple made into a sausage is another good way of preparation.

2. Chef

Chef New Member

damn... must try that next time. Breaking down a whole lamb next week.

3. Steve Call

Steve Call Active Member

Damn! You guys are making me hungry! You are obviously both outstanding chefs.

4. Hey Chef, Do you actually let the students break down the lamb? I'll think about you breaking one down, while I enjoy; Lamb Shanks with Truffled Creamy Polenta and a Nice Barolo and friends tonight.
    Boun Appetito

5. Lex Story

Lex Story Angler, Gastronomist, Artist, Jarhead, Geek

Another chef monikered guy, sweet! When I attended school I remember when I had to fab out a entire lamb, but that was after finished my proteins class. You don't want a noob ruining a whole animal.Are you using truffle salt, butter or oil for your polenta? I was down at DeLaurenti at Pike market today and picked up some intense truffle butter. I'm going to use it with on some poached duck eggs and fried grits.

6. Some Oregon truffles, some oil I picked up this past fall in Alba and lamb shanks from a buddy that raises them. guests coming soon.

7. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

This thread is really making me regret my two slices of Alfy's cheese pizza for dinner.

Ira..

8. TD

TD Active Member

Amen.

The most creative I get is blackend cajun salmon in a ceasar salad. Most of the stuff mentioned in these posts I have no idea what they are; let alone how to pronounce them.

9. Chef

Chef New Member

TD: lets just say i know you would like it. :)

10. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

When are we all comming over for dinner you chef masters? Keep talking like this and I might be tempted to fish for fish that I'm more likely to keep.

Ira..

11. Steve Call

Steve Call Active Member

Hey, count me in. I'll bring the port and cigars for after dinner.

12. TD

TD Active Member

I don't doubt it. :)