Mulkiteo...a continued skunk!!!!!

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Scott Behn, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Scott Behn

Scott Behn Active Member

Media:
    Once again I decided to hit the beach...I should have stayed home!!!! For some reason I continue to go there thinking that maybe something will show up, perhaps the wind might change, or maybe that the veggies might part. Ain't happening, at least not for me. Then to make matters worst, I had to stop casting like every 5 minutes just to wait for the trains to move out of my backcast... :beathead:

I think I'm a gluntant for punishment. I dunno!!!! Now I think my 7wt floater is ruined after only 3 trips with it to the salt, and I religiously clean the sh#t after every trip. Perhaps I'll try a spot a little further south, who knows.

:confused:

2. Calico Keta

Calico Keta Member

I know how you feel. :beathead:

3. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Media:
    Home Page:
    Dawn and sunset might help, coinciding with incoming water.

4. Benn

Benn Member

I fished Mukilteo this AM from about 6:30 to 8:30 with an incomming tide (low at about 4:40 AM. The salad was refreshingly light and the water was very fishable. The fish, however, were not cooperative. I hooked a nice SRC on my first cast, but did not get it to hand. I saw some fish rolling out about 200' just beyond the kelp beds south of the boat ramp but nothing within casting range.

The boats were so thick it looked like you could have made it to Clinton jumping from boat to boat and by the time I left the parking lot was full of trucks and trailers. There were about 3 gear guys out chucking lead, but no other flyfishers. I talked to one gear guy who said he got one silver at sunrise, but I did not see any fish brought to hand. I didn't even see anybody on a boat with their nets out, so I think it was slow all around.