My favorite bluegill pond...

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species' started by atomic dog, May 31, 2005.

1. atomic dog

atomic dog Jive Turkey

Media:
    A friend sent me some photos he took from his visit the weekend before last. This one of me turned out kinda cool, I think. I took him and his girlfriend out to my favorite pond for their first taste of bluegill crappie and bass fishing. A great time was had by all of us. A great day was spent with friends, and 6 or 8 dozen gills and crappie are swimming around today with sore lips. :thumb:

[​IMG]

2. atomic dog

atomic dog Jive Turkey

Media:
    Pasty-white canadians bobing about in the desert sun. :rofl:

[​IMG]

The sun went down, but the full moon was huge. We stayed out till well after dark. The fishing never really slowed.

[​IMG]

3. East Fork

East Fork Active Member

Media:
    What is the average size of the bluegill?

4. atomic dog

atomic dog Jive Turkey

Media:
    Most of the 'gills I've caught out of there have been in the 6-8" range. Some are a bit over that. An 8" gill puts a heck of a bend in my 4 wt, though. The crappie tend to be 7-9" or so. I've caught them up to 10" and I've spoken to people who say they've caught 12 inchers before. Bass anywhere from 6" on up.

5. wet line

wet line New Member

How I love that desert country. This brought back a lot of memories of good times! Gill and crappie fillets in batter and BBQed. Lots of cold beer and lots of fun!

Have you been up to the north end of Moses Lake? We use to have a blast up there but that was 25 years ago.

Dave

6. atomic dog

atomic dog Jive Turkey

Media:
    While we released everything we caught that day, I did have a stash of fillets in the freezer that made a hearty fish fry for my guests along with a plate full of sweet potato fries and some Alaskan Summer Ale. :beer1: Yumm.

I have not yet ventured out to Moses Lake. There is simply too much water out here to be explored! I could fish a new body of water (or the same body for different fish) and seemingly never run out of new places to try, all within 20 minutes of my doorstep. For someone with a recently rekindled passion in fishing, I'm living in heaven.

7. Eastside

Eastside Guest

OK, I'll bite. Can you share the name/location of this pond? It looks like a great spot.