My first flies

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Thomas Williams, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

Ansbach, Germany
    Ratings: +410 / 17
    OK so first flies here they are. Got a crappy kit to start with and tied chironomids because they are easy. Well at least I hoped they were. So here they are. I'd like to hear the good and bad. uploadfromtaptalk1356664658947.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1356664676240.jpg
  2. Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Snoqualmie, WA
    Ratings: +869 / 1
    I'd fish those. Nice work, Thomas.
  3. james.jimenez Active Member

South Korea
    Ratings: +250 / 0
    AWESOME MAN!!!! Good looking flies.. When and where you gonna take them fishing?
  4. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,686 / 0
    Geez Louise man! Those are good! I can't tie midges any better than that.
  5. Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

Ansbach, Germany
    Im thinking Pass lake mon or tues. Im gonna keep tying all week too and see what I can come up with. Im already getting a little better. Although if the Wynoochee is in shape ill be out there with my spey maybe. I keep getting good reports from out there.
  6. Big E Moderator

Coon Bay
    Ratings: +364 / 0
    Good job dude...nice work. Recommend that you keep one of them so that you can look back after 10 years and see how far you've come.
  7. Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,263 / 1
    Nice work
    Bottom row, far left....that pink color is money on local lakes when the big pink ladies are hatching.
  8. Mark Mercer Member

port orchard, wa
    Ratings: +505 / 0
    I'd fish anyone of those anytime, nice work!
  9. Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

Ansbach, Germany
    Thanks everyone. Oh that little pink guy is tied with glow in the dark v-rib. Its supposed to glow reddish orange. I'm gonna try is at dawn and dusk. Here's some orange soft hackles I just tied. I don't think I had the right hackle but whatever it will buff out. Those 3 flies took me a little over an hour. I'm already addicted and my neck hurts. I think my vise needs to be higher or my chair lower. Thanks for the positive feed back. uploadfromtaptalk1356673435945.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  10. troutdopemagic Active Member

Lake Stevens, Washington
    Ratings: +134 / 0
    Get a Hun Partridge Skin for those soft hackles and those will be killer. As for those Chronies, those looks great. Better then my first attempts.
  11. Beachmen Active Member

Port Orchard
    Ratings: +77 / 0
    very well done. and looks like you have a steady hand. try this. my dad started teaching me at 6yrs old and part of it was taking pattern books and tying a dozen of one pattern a week to help build my fly vocab. in not time you will have a vocab of lfies for any species of fish. your a good tier and definatly ready for the tying expantion challange. lol
  12. Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

Ansbach, Germany
    Today I am tying some wooly buggers. We will see how it goes. Looks pretty straight forward. Im thinking orange and black.