My first fly swap!

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by jcalderon, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Im new to fly tying and would like to get a swap together. Newbies feel free to join in on this one..... Im thinking of a wolley bugger swap. Let me know!

2. Or any leech type swap

3. HOW MANY BUGS WE TALKIN'? I MIGHT JUMP ONBOARD THIS ONE TO GET TYING AGAIN. I HAVE BEEN OUT FOR A WHILE AND BUGGERS ARE THE PERFECT THING TO WARM UP ON.

4. Im hoping to get at least 6 to 10 people. We can certainly have more if you guys want...... Id just like to get started on a spring lake box..... I fish pass and lone alot

5. ill get in on this one. man i just realized that i am in liek four swaps so i got some tying to do. I will Tie my favorite Sim-Seal bugger os something like that. just send me a PM to keep me reminded about tying or i might send the flies to some other swap im in. oh and does any one want to join my Resident coho swap i still have a few open spots

6. I'm in.

7. I'll jump in. If it's ok, I'll tie a Red Headed Fuzz Bug, a local pattern that is sort of a Bugger style fly. Very simple pattern, but it's killer on Lone Lake.

8. great! so far looks like 5 .. lets shoot for ten

9. HEY COUNT ME IN...

ill tie up a bead head pattern thats done me good for steelhead on erie tribs pretty much everytime...

its bead head purple and black..

whens our due date...

get a list going

10. Count me in.

I will tie a modified Bow River Bugger that I love to use.

Mike

11. im at work right now fellas.... Later this evening i will get a list going.... Whats my next step after that? by the way I am doing a brown bugger with a dubbing body and black hackle.

12. edit your first post add the names of the people and what they are tieing..

set a due date...

and a mailing address to send to you

13. Tied up 8 sunday. Light olive palmered hackle over a dubbed burnt orange body with some olive crystal flash for the tail, and a little darker olive marabou tied on the front.

I might allready be done!

14. thanks.

15. i have 8 tied up but i will most likely use some of them today so i think i have to tie more

16. Is this ever going to happen?

17. can this get a lil orgainzed..i wanna tie these up but dont wanna waste my meterial if this isnt happings

18. hey sorry i dont think i can goet in on this now. i have a lot to do right now and i dont want to have to worry about whipping everyones flies out at the last minute. sorry everyone