My first Steelhead

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by wboles3, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,688 / 0
    Bill,

Congratulations! . . . and welcome to the club. It's a serendipitous sport, this thing called steelheading. I've been at it over 30 years, caught more fish than I could count, and spent the whole 3 day weekend casting my arm off, with only one decent src to show for it, not a single steelhead strike that I was fishing for. You just never know. Now get back out there for the next one!

Sincerely,

Salmo g.
  2. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    Right on bro! Tightlining is fun and effective plus you can swing with the same setup. I think I will be adding to the article in short order to expand on some topics.

I drew a blank this weekend as well... need me some more metal.

Peace,
    Andy
  3. Dick Warnke was Pram-Man

Federal Way Wa
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Congrats Bill, I've yet to ding a steelhead on the fly. But have to admit I have'nt put in the time either. As soon as I saw your "kitchen" pics I knew someone would feel inclined to comment. Some people just can't let a guy have his day. Hope you enjoyed the meal. :thumb:
  4. Wayne Jordan Active Member

Ratings: +14 / 0
    Nice fish! Congrats!
  5. tythetier Fish Slayer

WASHOUGAL, WA
    Ratings: +40 / 0
    Nice Fish!! I Remember My First. Ever Since, I Have Not Been Able To Bring Another To Hand. But Hey, The Only Other One I Have Had On Broke Me Off After A Minutes Fight While Using 3 Pound Tippet. Damn!!big Fish Goin' After The Small Fly!!

Ty
  6. John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Olympia
    Ratings: +182 / 1
    Congrats dude, nice fish.
  7. chongfk Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Nice fish!!! I hope I am the next . . .