My wonderful day on the river

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Old Man, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    What do I know---I'm just an old man

I would like to tell you all about the wonderful day the I had on the lower Stilly. I got there a the right time but the guy I was supposed to meet wasn't there. Well that was alright as I thought maybe he forgot to reset his clock. Well I proceeded to put every thing on and then took the long walk across the corn field and down to the river. Waded out to my knees and discovered that I have a leak at the knee.Strike one. Well as it was fairly nice out it didn't bother me yet. Was fishing a dry and decided to change flies. Well I found this wonderful log to sit on and replaced my dry from one to another.Well I must have got some sand in the reel so I walked over to the river to wash it out and when I went to put the spool back on it wouldn't go. Strike two.I washed it again but it just wouldn't latch together. At that point I decided to go back to the car and get my other reel.

Well after the long walk back across the corn field I finally got back to the car And my buddy was there with a excuse about a mile long, but as it was a nice day I said ok. Well I took the reel off the one that wouldn't latch up and put my other one on the good one. I pulled out some line to string it thru the guides and as I was reaching the top/tip my rod broke. Strike three.

Well since it was such a nice day I strung up my 8wt and we went to a different place to fish. Farther down river. I sure is nice that all the good spots are always 2 miles from the car. But as it was a nice day I didn't mind the long walk. Well my fishing sucks as usual. But I stuck around just to be nice. Well my nice day went bad,it started to rain,which is good but bad because it was getting me wet.

So much for a good day on the Stilly.

Jim
    :THUMBSUP

2. mtlhead

mtlhead Member

Jeeezzzz..... I gues I should say that I'm glad that you did'nt get my e-mail in time to get back w/ me about this morning. I just figured that it was another fishless day, but would be an understatement. So much for S.R.C.'s for both of us for awhile, T&T was happy to tell me they did'nt care if I was the original owner of the 4wt. or not, they are more than willing to repair the rod for me. This was followed by a "you have no warranty though and you'll have to pay for the repair" so now I'm waiting to find out how much it will cost. I'm in the mode for big fish now and this will just clinch the deal to bring out the bigger rods now anyway.

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    What do I know---I'm just an old man

My 5wt broke about 8" up from the joint on the top section. Must have been like me,old age. I hope I won't have to pay,but what I've been reading about Gloomis rods I don't know. I'll be off to Teds tomorrow as that is where I got my reel at and that they are dealers of Gloomis rods. Wish me luck.

Jim

4. SMiller435

SMiller435 New Member

Old Man,

Remind me not to ever take you fishing with me!

:BIGSMILE

Let 'em go!