Naches River?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by namnle, Jun 18, 2014.

1. namnle Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +11 / 0
    Has anyone fished the lower parts of the Naches river? I have to be in Yakima for about a week for work and I would love to fish after work every night. I see plenty of info on the upper part but nothing for the lower. Any info would be appreciated.
  2. Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +306 / 0
    The lower isn't as good for walking and wading as most of it is on private property between Yakima and Naches. If you go along the Greenway path that parallels highway 12 in Yakima, there are some access spots. About the lowest I typically fish is from the Tieton/Naches confluence down into the town of Naches in summer. Fishing is MUCH better and easier access up higher.
  3. Broderick Smith SeaToTree

SeaToTree, WA
    Ratings: +39 / 0
    Noticed my link to the naches flow guage is down...anyone have a new link?
  4. Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Yakima, WA
  5. docstash Member

selah, wa.
    Ratings: +22 / 0
    Close to 1000 cfs below normal.
  6. Broderick Smith SeaToTree

SeaToTree, WA
    Ratings: +39 / 0
    anyone fished it lately? Looking around this weekend going way east or Naches.
  7. Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Yakima, WA
    Not personally, but have heard a lot of good reports.
  8. troutdopemagic Active Member

Lake Stevens, Washington
    Ratings: +133 / 0
    The lower part offers pretty good fishing. Finding access can be a challenge but its nothing to bad. The lower Naches is the place I learned to fly fish and I spent many hours there. The important thing is that early in the season it is generally turbid due to the Tietons silty grey flow so I don't fish it early on. There are less Cutthroat in that stretch but the ones that I've found are generally very nice. Far more rainbows. I generally fish simple double nymph rigs or dry attractors and terrestrials.
  9. namnle Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +11 / 0
    Thanks for the info everyone. I'm heading down there this sunday and staying through the 4th so I will have plenty of time to explore.