Naches Theft

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by ss tuber, Aug 27, 2013.

1. ss tuber

ss tuber New Member

Just a heads up on the Naches. Got out of work late last Friday and hustled up to fish just above the Naches/Tieton confluence. Fished from 7:30 til dark and returned to my car window smashed in. They got my iPhone and wallet. I usually bring them with me but I guess I was in a hurry and left them in the glove box. I have been fishing the Cheese for 20+ years and this the first time this has happened.

2. Thom Collins

Thom Collins Active Member

Sorry to hear that. Fished that very spot many times, never a problem. I've camped just down the road that runs along the Tieton by those ponds just knowing when I returned it would all be gone but that has never been the case. Some nice fishing either side of that bridge and on up a ways. Vehicle prowlers piss me off. I love fishing that river.

3. McNasty

McNasty Canyon Lurker

ive been on that river my whole life as well, never heard of one break in ever. really sad to hear that.

4. Greg Price

Greg Price Love da little fishies

Those cedar river meth addicts are expanding their territory. Maybe they go on vacation some times. Had to use your money to get back home.

5. Paul Voelker

Paul Voelker Member

Hearing thins like this piss me off. I love fishing that river and I have always had it in the back of my mind that it could happen but it hasn't yet. Could it be the same group that is down spray painting gang signs on rocks near the river?

6. McNasty

McNasty Canyon Lurker

i HATE that. ive gone in with a can of gray a time or two before and covered some of that shit up, but nevertheless it always seems im just making a blank canvas for the next asshat.

Greg Price likes this.
  7. I have been ripped of there before and so have more people up and down fishing the naches. The stole my pos fly rod

A buddy got his muzzleloader stolen at that same spot last year. If I fish that hole, I usually leave the rifle at the house and lock my personal stuff in my truck safe which is in a secret spot in the truck.

8. Steve Vaughn

Steve Vaughn Member

Damn! Love that river and hate to have this in the back of my mind. Though I don't usually leave anything of value in the rig as I fish.

9. Greg Price

Greg Price Love da little fishies

Keep up the good work. If you keep covering it up, they will move to another spot. I would encourage any of you who frequent the area to carry paint with you and cover it up, especially if it is ruining the beauty of your favorite fishing area.

Now as for the pac man and smiley face on the yakima river , I like it. Hope no one covers that up. It is not gang related but more like happy art.

McNasty likes this.