Narrows Blackmouth

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by TimHa, May 13, 2006.

1. TimHa

TimHa Member

Home Page:
    I fished the ebb on Thursday morning down at the Narrows expecting to pick up some cutts but never did encounter any of them. Instead I picked up two nice blackmouth that morning, the largest measured out to 19" on my rod, the other was about 17". They put a good bend in the 6-weight.

Has anyone been getting cutts out of the Narrows lately? It seems like for the last few years they just haven't been hanging out there as much as they used to.

Tim

2. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

I've never really considered the Narrows as a very good spot for searun cutts, although I have caught many there. It is, however, a terrific place for catching salmon most of the year.

Leland.

3. gigharborflyfisher

gigharborflyfisher Native Trout Hunter

Media:
    Home Page:
    Good job on the blackmouth!! I have fished the narrows a heck of a lot and still never ran into a cutthroat, I have caught more than my fair share of salmon.

4. Ringlee

Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    The narrows in my mind is a Salmon spot. Alot of current and a steep grade beach. You can catch Salmon there year round and larger Salmon in the summer and fall. I have caught SRC's there but they are few and far between.

5. TimHa

TimHa Member

Home Page:
    Four years ago when I first started fishing the local salt I was catching tons of SRCs in the Narrows, especially in June and July but pretty much on every trip down. Last year I only got a few all year though one was a big 19" fish and this year I think I've gotten none. I do get a lot of salmon there for sure but it seemed like even three years back there were a lot of SRCs in the area too.

Tim

6. SeaRun1

SeaRun1 New Member

In all my time fishing the Narrows I have probably caught 10 SRC's. Thats about one per year. Although I know last time I caught one it was followed by two more in quick succession. They usually are taken closer to Fosdick then Docs where it flattens out.

I too have always considered the Narrows to be a salmon hangout.

I haven't been fishing in the salt much these days. How has fishing been?

SeaRun1 (not Searun the famous one)

7. Blake

Blake Member

8. Wayne Chan

Wayne Chan Member

Hey Searun1 where have you been? We need to hook up and fish the salt again. I'm not confused at all about who you are. I've been in the same boat with you but have never been in the same boat with Les.

9. SeaRun1

SeaRun1 New Member

Wayne! We have alot to catch up on. You interested in getting out for the Area 11 opening soon? I have a full boat on the 1st but the following week we could meet up at the Harbor launch after work (3ish) and go chase some Blackmouth in my favorite spot? Let me know!

Besides that we can always go float a summer run stream?

SeaRun1

10. SeaRun1

SeaRun1 New Member

Well my first email address in '95 was SeaRun1 and I have kinda been partial to it since then. I think I have used it on most boards since then. He's Searun, I'm SeaRun1, shouldn't be too confusing I would think? Besides I didn't know there was a SeaRun at the time. I don't think the famous Searun will mind.

SeaRun1

11. Kyle Smith

Kyle Smith Active Member

Media:
    I surely hope that you've change your password since '95. My Yahoo e-mail from '97 just got hacked and I've had to just pick up and move on. At least no more spam!