Need a builder.

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by jeff bandy, Apr 16, 2011.

1. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +404 / 2
    So I have a new tip section for my Sage VPS-490 that needs done. I snapped the tip top off mine and Sage gave me a new blank (wasn't factory rapped). I don't have time or tools to do it myself right now. Of course I'll pay you for your time. Maybe we could work out a trade of services.
  2. CC898 Member

Montana
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Send it over I'll do it for you, shipping both ways and ???? Do you have the guides? Let me know.
  3. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Thanks CC, was hoping for local. Anyone?
  4. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,506 / 9
    Mike Ediger, Tyler Spier and Rob Ast roll their own. I have seen/fished with each of their work. I like!

Where is the story of how the tip section got broken? Of course I want to here that tale!
  5. Tyler Speir Artist

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    My shop is in Puyallup if you would like me to fix it up for you.
  6. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    You were there dumbbass. Was the Sunday on the Yak. I must have had a ding in it. Broke when I tried to brake off a piece of 6x tippet.

Think one of the guys in my club is going to take care of me.
  7. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    How is it that you break your rod and I am the dumbass? That blows! Was that the day that my whitefish was bigger than your trout?
  8. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Because you were there!!! I don't remember comparing the two fish. Besides atleast I was targeting rainbows. You?
  9. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Getting whitey to provide positive feedback that your double nymph rig is riding in the deep slot as expected is a good thing. Did your targeted rainbow break your rod?
  10. SteelieD Non Member

In a van down by the river
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    None of my biz really but I just gotta say... Bow beats Whitey everytime! :rofl::rofl:

If nothing else, at least I amuse myself. I hope you get that rod fixed Jeff!
  11. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Steelie, totally agree. I was 'bow deficient and whitey saved the day. The fact that it was my first whitey ever on the Yakima and it was about 21 to 22" made that a pretty good day saver. One can never flip Jeff Bandy enough shit!
  12. Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

In C& R fishing, fish beats Skunk every time and a good sized one to boot, and it sure beats a broken rod.
  13. CC898 Member

Montana
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Even Whitey can save the day!