Need help identifying a drift boat

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by NewFlyLady, Nov 7, 2007.

1. NewFlyLady New Member

Roseville, CA & Cameron, MT
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    So we bought a used drift boat from a long time friend a few years back and cannot remember the name of the maker. We have not been able to get in touch with him for a year. This boat has been completely redone and there are no markings left on it to identify the manufacturer. We think he told us it was a Chehalis that he had ordered from somewhere in Oregon, but at my age that may be just hopeful thinking. It is fiberglass and about 20 years old. If this rings any bells I would love to know. I have searched the web for Chehalis drift boats but can't find anything.

[IMG]
  2. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,164 / 1
    NFL,
    It might be a Thor Built boat. They are made in either Chehalis or Toledo Wa and they make sleds and driftboats. I'm not sure they make fiberglass boats though.
    Brian
  3. Jerry Cave New Member

Zig Zag, OR
    Fiberglass and made in Oregon? The only name coming to mind is Clackacraft. Possibly you could post a photo? That might help.

On edit: I see "ordered from somewhere in Oregon." Not necessarily made here. Sorry. Still a photo might help.

Jerry
  4. Jason Decker Active Member

Issaquah, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    looks like an old clacka to me, you might email them
  5. Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Twin Bridges, MT
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    maybe a slide-rite?
  6. East Fork Active Member

Vancouver, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Don Hill out of Springfield, Oregon manufactured fibreglass boats for a few years. Your boat looks like one of his. Here is a link with his contact information although it looks like he's retired:

http://www.dhdriftboats.com/

Don's boats were rock solid but perhaps a little rough on the fit and finish.
  7. NewFlyLady New Member

Roseville, CA & Cameron, MT
    BINGO, Thank you so much.

So I think it is a Slide-rite. It seems that the original builder went out of business and sold the forms to Don Hill. I have not sent a picture to that website but I am betting that Jergens got it right. Thanks for the link East Fork I will follow up on that.
  8. TWD Travis

Kirkland, WA
    nice lawn