NFR Netflix or HuluPlus??

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by dryflylarry, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

This is confusing and making me dizzy. I just entered the 21st century and bought a new flatscreen, tuner-receiver, and Blue Ray, and more speakers. Still trying to get it all hooked up and playing right. Now with all these other program source options, it makes my head hurt. We're still getting our Netflix via the snail mail.

2. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

You think you're behind the times... we still get ours through the US mail.

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

One and the same

4. TB Wannabe

TB Wannabe New Member

I have had Netflix for a couple of years and just added Hulu a couple of months ago. They are a bit different in what's offered. Hulu has more TV and current content while Netflix streaming has lots to offer but some things are just offered on disc. We tend to do mostly documentary type wathcing. We don't have old style TV( no cable or dish) at all but do watch some things like evening news and my favorite of all time -Stewart and Colbert. We used an iTV from Apple and get everything thru that.

5. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

....never mind. Mom always told me to respect my elders.

6. Peter Pancho

Peter Pancho Active Member

Dude get Netflix now, they announced 1130am this morning that they now have the rights to every movie made by Disney including Lucas Arts starting 2016. Yeah I know, its a ways out but just saying, and its not just because I'm a stock holder Larry..
    Netflix shares spike on news of Disney pact

CHICAGO (MarketWatch) -- Netflix Inc. shares jumped 14% up $10.65 a share Tuesday on news that the company will be the exclusive U.S. subscription TV service for first-run live-action and animated feature films from Walt Disney Co.'s Disney studios.
    Financial terms were not disclosed.
    Starting in 2016, Netflix members will be able to watch movies from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios and Disneynature as soon as they are made available for pay TV.
    The deal includes television, tablets, computers and mobile phones. Under a multiyear pact, Netflix will also gain access to classic films from the Disney library, such as "Dumbo" and "Alice In Wonderland."
    Tuesday's news comes almost 10 months after Netflix lost Disney content when its pact with the Starz premium cable networks expired. From the time Starz walked away from the negotiation table in September 2011, observers were concerned that the Disney films, so convenient for parents because children watch them repeatedly, would remove a significant amount of incentive for some Netflix customers.
    B. Riley & Co. analyst Eric Wold said Tuesday's stock move for Netflix is rather puzzling, since Netflix Chief Executive Reed Hastings worked hard earlier this year to downplay the significance of losing Disney movies and TV shows.
    "The fact that this is an exclusive deal between the two parties somewhat goes against management's recent comments that they do not believe exclusivity is all that important (as only 20% of their content is currently exclusive)," Wold said in an email.
    "However, this does mean that they likely paid more than they would have had the deal been nonexclusive. So why would NFLX management look to sign an exclusive deal for Disney content if they have previously stated that exclusivity is irrelevant and Disney content was not a major driver?"