New 4wt

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by hendersonbaylocal, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Just thought I'd post some shots. Finished the wraps last night. I'm stoked. Recoil titanium guides and Struble reel seat...

2. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

thats pretty thread

3. Charlie S

Charlie S Confrimed Reprobate

Nice job!!!

4. Mike Ediger

Mike Ediger Active Member

Very nice. Is that G #521 Med Green? Please post some pics after it is epoxied. Are you going to use CP? I would love to see how much darker the wraps get if you don't. Again, nicely done.
    Mike

5. Mike,

Thanks! Can definitely post photos after I epoxy. Wasn't planning on using any CP... hoping they do get a bit darker and blend in with the blank a bit. They're a bit bright for me at the moment. Let me check on the thread... I think you're right though.

Ryan

6. Mike Ediger

Ryan,
    You are right, it will definitely get darker. The reason I ask is I will be using it on a 4wt (as soon as it arrives) and I want it to darken as well. I am trying to match the University of Oregon green as I will be putting a Oregon decal on it as well. The decal is sort of a forest green so I am hoping the Med Green matches after it darkens. Anyway, nice rod. I am sure it will look great.
    I look forward to the pics. I also like the color of the XP. I have never seen one and love the dark green. Your wraps should be perfect!
    Take care,
    Mike

7. Mike,

Yes, it's Gudebrod 521

8. Martin Sehlin

Martin Sehlin Member

Very nice

9. Mike Ediger

Well done!