new abel switch

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by golfman65, Feb 29, 2012.

1. golfman65 dude...

blaine wa.
    Ratings: +86 / 0
    I needed a lighter reel for my shorter spey 12'6" ...was running a bougle but even it was too heavy..
    Thought long and hard about the taupo but ehhhh...heard some things that put me off it..
    Mostly using this rod for big trout and smaller river summer runs...and was surprised it holds 125 yards of backing. my usual non mono running line and a W.A. 45 6/7 head..comfortably...

Great growl on the outgoing click...a little softer on the incoming one...8+ oz. balances the rod just right..Yeah not a hardy or dingley...or olson for that matter...but a good fit for a lighter rod...

Over all impression is it's a pretty damn nice reel...I think Poppy has um with the solid face which I think would be even better...but I had coin in paypal so used some of it up with the boys/girls down in Oregon I yak to way too much...

Can't wait to hear it growl this summer...
  2. Big Tuna Member

Wenatchee, Washington
    Ratings: +36 / 0
    I'm a gear tart, but you need an intervention.
  3. fisshman26 Member

Trail, B.C., Canada.
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    Paul did you look inside the box of the reel??????
    Its a beauty for sure.
  4. golfman65 dude...

blaine wa.
    no bruce...damn it but I will now..
  5. golfman65 dude...

blaine wa.
    Hey now I looked...what were you doing down there? quit distracting marcy...she's my little debbie..lol....very lucky man, wish I could head down for some fishing soon..
  6. fisshman26 Member

Trail, B.C., Canada.
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    Was down practicing with the American part of the Carron team for Speyorama.......no fishing for us........just casting!!!
  7. Red Shed "junkyard spey"

Peck, ID
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Mighty nice!
  8. Thomas Mitchell Active Member

Western, WA
    Ratings: +175 / 2
    Nice reel!

Do me a favor and post a short of the check when you get a chance.

T.