New Fish Washington logos chosen

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kent Lufkin, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Vladimir Steblina Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +236 / 0
    They are very similar.

If they use them for fishing stamps in the future, it will be difficult for the wardens to differentiate between the various stamps in your license.

I like the idea of making the western Washington stamps dark grey and the eastern Washington stamps bright yellow!!
  2. Stew McLeod aka BigMac

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    I for one like them.
  3. rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Renton wa
    Ratings: +78 / 0
    Why do the differentiate between west side and east side?.
  4. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,558 / 0
    I was wondering that myself. Evidently they want to perpetuate the "us versus them" between the East and West side anglers.

It's a wonder they didn't drag the wade vs row conflict into the picture too.
  5. rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Renton wa
    So us old west sider's need to go over the mountain and kick some east side ass. And shove our cute little sticker down there throat?.
  6. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,224 / 0
    As I wrote a month ago when WDFW was first looking for input on earlier versions of these designs, their intended use is in a yet-to-be-introduced campaign called Fish Washington. It's meant to encourage so-called 'lapsed' anglers whose fishing licenses have expired to buy new ones. WDFW has increased the size of their 'catchable' plants from 6-7" to 11-12" in an effort to improve angler satisfaction. Since license fees represent the bulk of the department's income, persuading more people to buy licenses means more revenue. The campaign will use no-cost/low-cost public service announcements and social media featuring these logos to spread the message.

K
  7. rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Renton wa
    Why west side, east side?.
  8. suckegg Active Member

Ellensburg, WA,
    Ratings: +88 / 0
    They didn't even go with native species???
  9. BDD Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +214 / 2
    Nor even the Washington state-designated sport fish!
  10. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Ratings: +760 / 2
    We're all just joshin' with you, Kent. Seriously, the logo is not as important as the message, the offer (or "call to action" in marketing terms), and how they reach the right people.
    Kent Lufkin likes this.
  11. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Shouldn't east be red and west blue? Think about the politics!
    Kent Lufkin and Derek Young like this.
  12. _WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Skagit River
    Ratings: +643 / 0
    Fixed it for ya!
  13. Vladimir Steblina Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +236 / 0
    Right, I live in a "red" county.

I get my medical care through a doctor's co-op that's been around for 50 years.

My electricity is provided by county-wide public utility district. What did that dead German fellow say about owning the "means of production"? They also provide my water.

But wait, there's more. They provide phone and cable TV service to my home. I get 100mbps fiber service thanks to my local government intervention in the private sector. They even got a "blue" governor to compromise. Seemed he believed high speed internet should ONLY be provided by the private sector.

Oh yeah, every election around here we keep hearing about the need to remain true to "our conservative principals".

Of course, when I lived in the "People's Republic of Berzerkley" all those services were provided by private companies.

But people in Berkeley think they are carrying the torch for government to "protect the people" while, people in Chelan County want to remain true to "their conservative roots".

Politics is SOOOOOO CONFUSING when you think about it!!!
  14. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    All I know is the dang gummint better keep their hands off my Medicare and my farm and timber subsidies!

Indeed, life is not as simple as extremes of either party would have us believe.
    Kent Lufkin likes this.
  15. Darryl Pahl Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    Our company has hired a marketing firm to re-brand out image, including a new logo, web site, and marketing materials. As a result I've developed a new appreciation for just how much effort and thought goes into the process, and recognize that in this age of an electronic display in every hand your visual brand is important. I'm pleased that a government agency is using modern techniques to increase its paying user-base (license buying public) rather than relying on tax revenue. I'm also pleased that they not only sought public input, but actually followed through with the majority opinion.

I like that there are two versions - east and west. I think we're incredibly fortunate in WA to have two completely different fishing experiences within a few hours drive and the WDFW is right to highlight this. In terms of fish choice, the RB and LMB would be the most marketable fish to put up there, compared to for example a native pikeminnow or whitefish.
    Kent Lufkin likes this.
  16. atomic dog Jive Turkey

Pasco
    Ratings: +316 / 0
    Damn dude, no need to bring the abortion debate into this, it's only fishing!

C'mon, I keed!
    Kent Lufkin and Lugan like this.
  17. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Great catch, atomic!
  18. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,260 / 1
    If they had only slipped a rainbow leaping unicorn on a secret creek in there somewhere..........