New guy with a day off - what to do?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by highangle, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Hi ya'all - first, thanks for the info and entertainment gleaned from lurking on these boards the past few months. I'm fairly new to the area, and despite years of fishing experience in MT, WY, ID have been unable to convert it to a hook up anywhere in 8-A. Been fishing lower rivers, Picnic Point and a trip out to Kayak, all in an attempt to find something.

So, with a day off on Monday, is it worth getting after it? No boat, so it all has to be close in. If anyone has hints, or would like a tag-along if you are going out tomorrow, shoot me a PM. I promise not to tell and wiling to provide hoppy or peaty beverage!

2. A river near you has some silvers and very few zombie pinks left. Sent you a PM with some details. Good luck!

3. Thanks for the tips Ten80- pretty much a skunked day, but a decent end to my 2013 season anyway. Lovely foggy morning on a river, 14" immature steelhead in the salt off a point over lunch, and an evening working the spey setup for the first time, back on the river. With the odds of staying in the area for the foreseeable future looking good, I hope to learn more in the coming season, and maybe even meet a few of the folks on the boards. Cheers!