NFR New knee tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Citori, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Citori Piscatorial Engineer

Federal Way, WA
    Ratings: +117 / 0
    Well, it's kinda SFR... I am getting a new knee tomorrow. I have missed my last hunting season because of the bum leg, and I plan on trying to wear the new one out on the stream bank, and in the field and woods.
    East Fork likes this.
  2. Brian Miller Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout

WA
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    I pray your surgeon's hands be carefully guided, your recovery be swift and complete, and the pain and discomfort soon will be a distant memory.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Lex Story likes this.
  3. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +106 / 0
  4. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0
  5. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0
    Seriously, though, I echo Brian's thoughts. I know a surfer in his late 50's who got a new knee a few years ago, and soon after he recovered from the surgery and went thru some physical therapy, he was surfing again at a performance level much closer to that of his former younger self .

6. LD Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +83 / 6
    Good luck... It is truely amazing what they can do with the human body these days.
  7. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +319 / 2
    Good luck sir. This IS a great area to have that done, becoming a nearly routine operation. Lots of great doctors and technology available here, and the re-hab is usually pretty quick too. Hope all goes well.
  8. wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Wallingford, WA
    Ratings: +1,559 / 0
    Good Luck, hang in there..Mike
  9. c1eddy Member

Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    Happy for you that you're about to get such a pleasurable part of your life back. Gonna be wonderful, I'm sure.
  10. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +727 / 1
    All the best to you. Hope your recovery is short and you're ready for spring openers.
  11. bushwacker Member

Shoreline, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Did the same thing last year after missing the chukar hunting and ski seasons for lack of mobility. Hope yours goes as well as mine. I spent the summer backpacking, bought a new retrierver last spring and already have him on pheasants and getting ready for winter duck hunting. Looking forward to OP steelheading. Good luck with your new knee.
  12. daveypetey Active Member

University District, Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +39 / 0
    Don't know you, but good luck. As an anesthesiologist, I gotta say if they offer you a block +/- catheter and you have no contraindications, go for it!
  13. Jordan Simpson Active Member

Tsawwassen, BC
    Ratings: +54 / 1
    So...how did it go?
  14. Grayone Fishin' to the end, Oc.P

boring, oregon
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    Get back to the outdoors soon!
  15. Steve Vaughn Member

Richland, WA
    Ratings: +40 / 0
    Hope all went well and your recovery is swift.

Steve
  16. Citori Piscatorial Engineer

Federal Way, WA
    Ok guys. Came home at noon today, 2 days post surgery. Climbed 2 flights of stairs today. I don't have one bad thing to say about my surgeon, Dr. Keiras, or about Virginia Mason. So far, so good..no, great! Winter steelies are not off the table.

Thanks for the kind words and well wishes.
    wadin' boot and dryflylarry like this.
  17. psycho Active Member

B.C. Canada
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    Physio, physio, physio, did I mention physio.:D
  18. NCL Member

Northern California
    Ratings: +24 / 2
    You will be amazed at how much more mobile you will become after the staples (if you had staples) are removed. When I had my right knee done I was driving at week four and very mobile. Good luck in your recovery. I found that physical therapy,although scary from the thought of preceived pain that did not happen, really helped in my recovery.
  19. Brian Miller Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout

WA
    Ratings: +66 / 0
  20. Citori Piscatorial Engineer

Federal Way, WA
    The pain lady came by today - very nice physical therapist. I have 92 degrees flexion in my knee 3 days post surgery. I have been given a green light to use a cane if I want, but I have to think about instead of just walking so I will use the walker for a few more days. BP is down 30 points, don't know where that comes from. This crazy...I think so and PT thinks so, too. I am super stoked and excited. Also very little pain (except during PT). Haven't had pain meds since about 10 this morning. Also no staples, only glue.