New OB Short Type 3 Line

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Stonefish, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Media:
    Just an FYI. Another new line just introduced by Rio to add to your beach arsenal.
    I know of a few beaches with really sharp drop offs close to shore that this line would work well on.
    SF

January 2, 2013 (Idaho Falls, Idaho) – RIO Products, industry-leading manufacturer of fly lines, leaders and tippet material, augments its ultra-powerful, easy casting OutBound Short series with a new, slow sinking line to give anglers plenty of options at their fingertips.

The OutBound Short lines have short, powerful front tapers and are heavier than standard lines to allow anglers to cast large, heavy flies with ease, while the unique, front-loaded weight distribution makes it easy to cast exceptional distances and with little effort. The OutBound Short series of lines offer anglers a full range of densities from floating to type 6, fast sinking, and now RIO has completed the family with this slow sinking, type 3 fly line. Built with a 30 foot sinking head that sinks at a rate of three inches per second, the line seamlessly integrates into an intermediate running line for the utmost in depth control.

The OutBound Short type 3 is built with a supple, coldwater coating to ensure the line remains tangle-free and comes in a brown/yellow DualTone coloration. This line is available from WF6I/S3 to WF10I/S3, features a front and back welded loop for easy rigging and RIO’s XS technology for super slick performance. This line is available at RIO retailers for $79.95.

Porter likes this.
  2. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Media:
    Nice, thanks Brian. I too have a few spots in mind where this line would shine, not to mention fishing from the boat. I may have to add this one at some point.

3. Porter

Porter Active Member

Getting hard not to buy new lines for 80.00 a pop! :( ...... probably wait to close-out time on this one because I hate spending that type of money but like the idea of this line on larger rivers too.

Stonefish likes this.