New Rod

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by CLO, Feb 6, 2014.

1. CLO

CLO Boats and cohos

Do you think I can throw spiral indicator passes with my new Seahawks rod? Now only if I could find a football shaped indicator...

[​IMG]

2. MarkY3130

MarkY3130 Active Member

That's pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

I'm happy for the Sea Hawks, but I wouldn't want to fish a rod that looks like that.

4. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

How about a Cigar Butt trimmed to look like a football? And also find the coloration to highly objectionable. In fact, that there is an ugly ass rod.

5. Sweet rod holmes! GO HAWKS!!!

Fish it on game days with a Thill indicator painted brown with white laces. Legion Of Bobbers!!!

6. Porter

Porter Active Member

Why not? It might win.....catch a 20 pound native? Cast one foot farther...HeHe ;) Beautiful rod!

7. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

CLO, I have the perfect thing to throw with that rod: you can skate or dead drift it or use it as an indicator!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391748734.863778.jpg

8. CLO

CLO Boats and cohos

But really, this is not my rod it was made by Sage this week to be raffled off (proceeds going to wild steelhead). It went for $2000 I think.

9. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Careful with that fly Freestone.. You get that thing near Manning and he will go belly up..

10. pbunbury

pbunbury Tights Lines

I was there last night, and after it went for $2000, the guy who won it donated it back to the Wild Steelhead Coalition and it is going to be available for sale again.

11. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Love it!

12. Porter

Porter Active Member

This on a Z-axis? or TCX.....have hard time telling the two blanks apart....z usually a shade darker.

13. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

That is definitely NOT Z Axis green. I love Z Axis green. That TCX green makes me a bit ill.

14. Porter

Porter Active Member

Lighting...pics...makes me wonder...but the z a darker green right? TCX is not illing...what you talking about?

15. pbunbury

pbunbury Tights Lines

It's a VT-2

16. Porter

Porter Active Member

Huh? can't be

17. pbunbury

pbunbury Tights Lines

That's what Jerry Siem said, for those who don't know he's the head rod designer at Sage, and also built this rod himself. The rod was custom built on a VT2 blank but is a one of a kind with lots of custom upgrades including jade inserts.

18. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

I personally love the colors!

19. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

It's a TCX blank.

20. Porter

Porter Active Member

Thats what I think.