New state Walleye record

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species' started by Stonefish, Mar 3, 2014.

1. 20.32 lbs.
    Regardless of whether you like them or not, that is one toad Walleye.
    SF

[​IMG]

McNasty likes this.
  2. Why is he in a grocery store?

3. Likely to have access to a certified scale........
    or maybe it was so big it had to be butchered.;)

4. Yummie!!!

5. What a pig.

Ive always heard walleye are delicious. Id love to find out.

Olive bugger likes this.
  6. One of my fondest travel memories is of a Walleye fish and chips from a red lobster in WI. I could have died happy that evening.

7. You heard correct. Tough to find a better fish battered and fried.

8. Was it caught under an indicator? That would be a brute to tackle on a 5wt. Now was it caught on the Columbia?

9. That's far to big to be prime dinner faire. The only real value is as a wall mount/ego stroker. If you want to eat one keep one within a few inches of the legal size.

plaegreid and cebe like this.
  10. Walleye are delicious!

11. Seems to be a bit of confusion. Apparently that picture first appeared on a North Dakota website.

12. What makes you say that? I thought it first posted to Northwest Sporstman magazine. The fish(and the grocery store he is in) is from tri-cities

13. I've now seen it posted as being from both Washington and ND.
    I originally heard it was caught in the Columbia.
    I'm not sure where it was caught now. Regardless it is still a toad walleye.
    SF

14. The fella listed lives in Pasco, so it sounds like it may be new WA record.

15. Caught in McNary pool

16. I got the word this afternoon that it has been officially certified as a new WA state record!

17. Always neat to see a record, but in my mind, it would have been a better personal memory.

Sounds like fun...[​IMG]