New term

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by KerryS, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Brady Burmeister

Brady Burmeister Active Member

Media:
    It's as if you think people bought it because they saw the name. "Oh snap, SKANDIT!,,....I gots to get me some of that". I'm guessing that most folks that use it knew/learned about the taper, tips, custom length, etc. before they bought. I know I didn't buy it because of the name. I can't understand why a name ruffles your feathers. You're right though, it is my money, and I was happy to exchange it for that product.

2. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Yeah, thats it. Thanks for clearing up my head.

It is better to sell something intangible than it is to actually sell a product. If you sell something that is extremly rare then it will be much harder to duplicate. Do what the other guy can't or make them think they can't. Either way it sells better.

3. ralfish

ralfish Active Member

now if you would have said that in say 1978, the guys with their DT lines would have said: who needs this snappy marketing shit...

4. SpeySpaz

SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Media:
    No, the guys with the DT lines were saying, "my back hurts", "hand me the anesthetic, I needs me a swig", and "gee, wish I had a lighter rod so this steelhead could actually fight".

Kerry, your "ol' curmudgeon" persona is evolving nicely. Two thumbs up bro.

5. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    I need to fish or start taking drugs again. I am getting into stupid arguments for no reason other than to entertain myself.

6. attack

attack Member

7. Randall Dee

Randall Dee Castaway

Home Page:
    I saw a new product in the grocery store today called Baconaise. I mean, WTF? Is it really necessary? Can't they just call it Mayonaise with bacon? It's all gotten so out of hand.

Thanks, but I think I'll just stick to cooking my own bacon and mixing it with my own mayo.

8. speyday

speyday Rod tubes in the overhead compartment

Opinions are great, I would just hope that if we decide to initiate a post expressing our displeasure, we don't continue on to being vulgar about it....esp. if said subject hasn't done anything to earn that kind of scoff.

I have often asked myself:
    "Would I say this if I were in the same room as this person? ---and I hit the edit button ---quite often!

So, this isn't a huge deal to me, I logged on and noticed this thread grew; but it also is something worth bringing up since its the wild west of the internet; spey anglers share a small niche of a niche of a niche of the angling world-- so good manners are still possible. And I believe in Karma.

9. SpeySpaz

SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Media:
    I got the shack nasties SO bad...
    Me and the wife went out to Soap Lake just to spend a couple nights away from the rain and blown out rivers...and got rained on. I was so scattered I left a lot of my gear home, including my warm hat, gloves, handwarmers, one layer of clothes that would have helped, polarized glasses. :beathead:
    I drove 200 miles to blindcast scuds? Duhuhuhrrr. I gave it 4 hours, went back to the Notares, and swilled brandy till the funk let off.:beer1:
    First time I got skunked at RF in years, but it's a focus game, isn't it? having a good head, keeping it light and open, etc.

BTW- I'm the guy who coined the term Skandit (search Speypages) so I guess it would be oh-so Interwebby to get into a nice exciting debate/argument/worthiness contest but you know, that gets really old. As far as I'm concerned, you no like? Okay! Everybody's entitled to their opinions/concerns/likes and gripes, and Kerry's certainly earned the right to have his. All in good fun.
    respect,
    Bob

10. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Media:
    Shack nasties, no shit. I had a 4 day weekend and the closest I got to fishing was O'rad's BBQ and beer bash. Altho the beer was really good, I'd rather go fishing. This is the 3rd consecutive MLK 3 or 4 day weekend I've had and couldn't fish. Must not be livin' right.

Sg

11. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

Oh So True! Having tossed lines with a two-hander since the age of 10-12 (Green harts an all) I just have to roll my eyes at the Newest/Greatest/Re-invent the wheel/Stuff that comes out every year. Get a few casters to post WOOOOZER!!! :>) :>) :>) comments and 'Game on.'

Only reinvent the wheel I've come across is the 'SGS' lines that come with the Meiser or Anderson rods. Steve actually builds a custom line 'just' for that rod and you're casting style. None are 'off the shelf' bits 'o kit. They are really quite something else.

fae

12. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    The shit is getting way to deep now.

I started this bullshit session because I was bored and no one was getting nasty. I still basically believe that there is nothing new here but so what. At least I mostly stuck to what is true. Jezzus.

13. Randall Dee

Randall Dee Castaway

Home Page:
    Baconnaise is the troof. I hope all the sensitivity isn't directed at me. Just poking some fun at the thread and keeping it real..........
    [​IMG]

14. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Kerry, you are just a grumpy cuss that needs to fish. I'd recommend a lake. I know it is not your normal style, but consider it therapy administered just in time. Otherwise there might be an intervention.

15. Yard Sale

Yard Sale Huge Member

You talking about Maycon? Get it straight!

16. Dan Page

Dan Page Active Member

I hate this Forum when the rivers are blown. :rofl:

Can't believe I'm the 56th post to a topic like this.

17. Brady Burmeister

Brady Burmeister Active Member

Media:
    I respect that.

My bad Kerry. I didn't realize you were just a grumpy 'ol prick. I take it all back, Skandit is ghey. Hate on bro.

18. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    You will never understand so don't try.