Newest, best drift boat?

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by papafsh, Sep 9, 2009.

1. BDD

BDD Active Member

Home Page:
    I'd love to get a review on Boulder Boat Works?

According to them, they have made fiberglass boats a thing of the past...obsolete. :hmmm:

Anyone?

2. fishwithjosh

fishwithjosh New Member

Check out the video.

3. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

Interesting.:thumb:
    Turn the "HD" off or it takes forever to load!:D

4. BDD

BDD Active Member

Home Page:
    Pretty cool video. That is how this country was made; taking an idea that hadn't been done before and making it happen. The dude got sentimental talking about his ailing grandfather. Too bad he didn't live to see his grandson's dream become a reality.

5. hawaiianflyfisher

hawaiianflyfisher Go big tuna or go home

checked web site out and found 17 foot for under 6k:
    The Hottest drift boat on the river! Starting at $5995.00
    Buy Today @ $99/month OAC
    that does not seem to bad................comparable to other drift boats. 17 on center line not along gunnel. so more like a 19 foot. best way to judge is go ride one. my three cents.

6. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Oh? I looked at their boats for sale, must be there top of the line all bells and whistles go for the $17k MSRP. No, $6k isn't to bad.

Only problem, finding one to row. I don't know anyone who has one, and most haven't even heard of them.

7. TheMoegs

TheMoegs New Member

Whats the best anything? Form always follows function. What type of water are you floating? I love to run my little 10'6 self bailing inflatable with a rowing frame because I run a lot of small rivers, large creaks, and high areas where the water is fast and narrow. If I was going to run a fast big river with major haystacks I would opt for a larger boat to get me to a nice spot to fish. A Hog Island would be ideal in big water rapids, but not if there was no bank in a canyon with a log across the river. Wood boats are so pretty. I love to see them on the river but I wouldn't run one where I fish. I like bouncing off rocks once in a wile and hiking my boat in on my head. The benefit, I don't have to worry about parking at a boat launch, I can fish all day and not see a soul, pick it up for an easy portage, and nobody spooked my holes a half hour ago. And If I hit a big boulder head on I can kick off of it and wrap around it easer than pontoon guys (who's boats might catch a boulder, fold or roll). Another thing I like about my little raft is I can run in shallow water looking for summer steelys 3 inches! All I can say its better than beaten brush to fish places most have only seen on maps. [​IMG]

My next boat: NRS Tributary self bailer and a new thicker frame total cost: around $2000
    http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=11671&pdeptid=1694

See what we were avoiding here:
    http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs293.snc3/28319_125215004166934_100000353047932_211087_4640837_n.jpg

8. Gorgefly

Gorgefly Member

Media:
    Whats with the paint job on these puppies? I think they looked at some bass boats for ideas. wouldn't be caught on a river in a boat covered with glitter myself. At least the trout would know you were comin...

9. Blake Harmon

Blake Harmon Active Member

Media:
    The doors seem ridiculous, I don't own a boat, but having rod storage has to be higher on the priority list for the average purchaser, wouldnt you think?

10. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    I think rod storage could be integrated into one side of the boat as a trade off of that feature. I've never had any issues getting in a drift boat, but I have helped a bunch of folks that are very short legged, less agile, heavy or older to get into some. Does anyone actually have one of these that they could give a report of? Not like I'm looking for another boat (cue the divorce attorney) but I'd be lying if I said I was not looking at various drift boats to add to my driveway.

11. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    If I could put a door on my sled I would. Getting to old to climb over the side. This year I put a ladder on it to get in and out easier. One more thing where the hell is the motor? If you can't start it up and run back up the river what good is it?