Next Saturday at Orvis

Discussion in 'Events' started by miyawaki, Oct 10, 2009.

1. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

Blues, Burgers and Bourbon!

2. John Dude

John Dude Learned skills from George Dickel

What is this about Bourbon? It can't be real booze, if you don't have a banquet or liquor license? What is it, Bourbon-flavored chocolates or something?

I heard the blues musician is really good. Perhaps its worth it to head down. What's the schedule?

3. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

Yes it's real and the bluesman IS really good. Here's the full program. We will have burger sliders and a bourbon tatsting hosted by Moss Bay from 12 noon.

At 11:00AM on Saturday, Oct. 17, we'll have free casting lessons all day with four terrific FFF Certified Casting Instructors: Craig Koeppler; John Olson, Pat Peterman and Bo McDirmid.

At 12 noon, Ryan Harder will sing and play an acoustic blues set. We've missed having Ryan here, due to the economy, but are happy to be able to once again afford his outlandish fees.

2:30PM: Ryan will play a second set, this time, without his tin cup.

At 3:30PM, two wild and crazy guys, Eric Rathbun and Brian Bennett, will be here to show and tell you how they scored over two gazillion bucks with their wildly successful website, MoldyChum.com. If you've secretly harbored a desire to turn your blog into something more extreme, Eric and Brian will do their best to talk you out of it.

Plus tackle sales, Simms clothes close-outs, and $25 off $50 coupons.

Leland.

4. John Dude

If I wanted to buy an, for example a Clearwater vest that was 49.00 $, but with the tax it goes up to about 53.00$, can I still use the coupon? Or the does the item's original price need to be over 50.00$?

the dude

5. John Dude

If I wanted to buy an, for example a Clearwater vest that was 49.00 $, but with the tax it goes up to about 53.00$, can I still use the coupon? Or the does the item's original price need to be over 50.00$?

the dude

6. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

I've had three days of this kinda crap, you'll forgive me if I don't answer.

Leland.

7. mplutodh1

mplutodh1 Member

Media:
    Buy a fly or two or some tippet - its a coupon off $50 - same deal applies at other retailers. Can't spend at least an extra $1.95 on a fly you'll some day use?

8. John Dude

I can think of a lot of things I can buy at Orvis. The question is whether the coupon has to be used for a single item over 50$, or is it 25$ off purchase of multiple items totaling > 50$ at the register?

The fine print on the coupon itself is not really clear on that. I was hoping Leland would clarify that point.

9. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    $25 off any purchase of $50.00 or more. This is from Orvis the company and is separate from Washingtong, the state tax collector. Your $50 total has to be the price of the item or items before tax is applied. You can get your $49 vest and another item (excluding sale, Simms and any other items identified as not included on the coupon). The place is like a candy store for fly junkies, how can you not find one more item? Hope this helps any confusion and creates no more confusion.

Leland, as always, thank you.

10. Jason Decker

Jason Decker Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    It is $50 the total sale. One item or a bunch of flies.... Same deal.

11. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

These boys are correct.

Leland.

12. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Media:
    I have yet to see a coupon or discount from any store that uses the after-tax total as the qualification point. Why are you wasting everyone's time with such a bullshit hypothetical question?

13. nomlasder

nomlasder Active Member

Media:
    If saving $25 is the only reason for showing up, then you are missing the point!