NF Lewis above Swift closed?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by pastorjasonharwood, Jul 7, 2013.

1. I read an article about closure around Swift Reservoir. Anyone have any info on this area? Was wanting to take the family down there from Packwood next week and fish around the waterfalls. Thanks for any help!

Jason

2. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Jason, any rule change should be found on the WDFW website. I looked and didn't find anything about a closure on the upper N Fork.

Same rules as usual:
    C&R, selective gear, and no use of two poles (even if you have a 2-pole endorsement...its no good for there) on the upper N Fork above Swift Reservoir, down to the marker below Eagle Cliff Bridge (approx 3/8 mile below the bridge). Release all Bull trout caught in the reservoir and river.
    There was something about any salmon retained are to be included as part of the trout limit when fishing in the reservoir.

3. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

For the short section below the bridge down to the markers, trout can be retained per statewide rules. Its still under selective gear rules. Its C&R in the river above the bridge.

4. Mingo

Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

Lots of great memories of fishing that upper stretch above Eagle Cliff! But also tons of memories of fishing off the old bridge with my cousins where the river used to dump into the lake (much further upstream than today) back in the 60 and 70s, way before St Helens blew. Probably why I still love the smell of creosote-soaked railroad ties.

tythetier and Flyborg like this.