NF stilly report

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Whitey, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    What do I know---I'm just an old man

Must of just missed each other. They were getting ready to go down to the river just as I left.

All I know about back hauling is what you can haul in the back of a pick-up. So much for having no brains.

I was getting it out quite a ways today, but I am thinking that I'm doing a single haul with out thinking. But it could be the line. I use that 555 by Cortland and I find that I can get longer casts with it.

Jim

P/S And the ribs were finger licken good.

2. Cutthroat_Fight

Cutthroat_Fight New Member

Heh I am cooking for my girlfriend tonight since she usually gets home later than I do..nothing as good as ribs though :YUM

Dumb Question
    In message #13
    You said,
    "I tried Stimulators,Patriot,few hits." What is a partriot? I looked it up in my fly book and couldn't find it.

brian

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:

Well I saw the pattern in a old fly fishing magazine and I tried to tie one.But with my tying it serves me better to buy them. It has a red and blue body,I think it has calf tail wings, with brown hackle..
    I just did a search in some other sites but came up with a blank. I have a scanner but I'm to dumb to hook it up. If I had it hooked up I could at least show it to you. I think that I bought it at Outdoor Emporium but I'm not sure about that either. When you get older the first thing that goes is your memory,but I forgot what the second thing is.

I'll do one more search before I close down for the night and will let you know what come of it.

It looks something like a royal wulff. But different.

Jim

P/S I found a picture and directions on how to tie and fish it.

www.charlesmeck.com/
    I think that this fly was first tied in New Zeland and it found it's way over here. Also the one that I have does not have that much hackle. I found it by going to yahoo and typing the word Patroit fly and this and a few others came up.

Jim :pROFESSOR

No that's not it. I found it last night,but now I can't find it. But I keep looking. Jim

4. Cutthroat_Fight

Thanks :) I will do a few web searches also and see if i can find it.

5. Cutthroat_Fight

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:

That's the same fly that I have in my box. I had this same spot last night,but when I tried to get back on it kept saying not on the web or URL. Good hunting.

Jim :COOK