NF Stilly slide

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by cuponoodle breakfast, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuponoodle breakfast

cuponoodle breakfast Active Member

Dozens of people dead, 90 missing and likely dead, and all in a place that's special to many people on this site. Yeah, people are emotional about it.

2. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    What cup said.

G-spot4u, are you really this full of yourself? It has nothing to do with you what so ever.

3. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Media:
    The Red Cross is a great organization who have a long history of providing aid to people worldwide. There are always isolated cases of things that don't go as some think they should... hard to throw the baby out with the bath water.

I was pleased to hear that Boeing's Employee Community Fund donated $100,000 to the disaster yesterday... and that the contributions the employees make to ECF are helping. I suspect there may be more to come from Boeing corporate.

Heard the amazing story today on the radio going to work about the 80 year old man who survived. It was tough hearing his hurt in losing his wife... made for a rather sober drive to the office.

Ed Call likes this.
  4. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Let's keep the devastation and human emotions in focus and not intentionally distract from this events magnatude. I have friends who have friends and family on the list of the missing. I have colleagues that have lost co-workers and students. No one I know first hand, but I will try not to be insensitive and judgmental. Others should do the same. Seems we continually remind some members this is a community, we need not all agree all the time, but have a sense of community.

5. bwillroll

bwillroll Member

My family owned a dairy farm not far from this terrible mudslide. I went to school in Arlington and had many classmates and friends who were from Oso. This community is very connected and very proud to be from Oso. The power of mother nature is humbling and our lives are so fragile...lets keep these families in our prayers. A friend of mine lost her sister and little baby grand niece. Words are almost pointless.

6. Chris DeLeone

Chris DeLeone Active Member

Media:
    Bwillroll - thank you. My thoughts and prayers are with that community and many here on the board share your perspective on this.

flybill likes this.
  7. underachiever

underachiever !

Media:
    It's not your opinions that provoke the responses but the way you present them. You come off like such a smug douchebag that even those who hold similar views (such as myself) can't help but think you're primary motivation is to troll.

flybill likes this.
  8. Tim Lockhart

Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Media:
    We get one of these every few months or so. If you don't care for someone's posts, don't reply to them. You can usually pull the plug on a sideshow by cutting off the attention, pretty easy stuff.

Beyond that, what Ed said. I don't have any rocks to throw, just a broken heart for these folks and their families.

dfl, Brett Angel, Skysoldier and 2 others like this.
  9. HauntedByWaters

HauntedByWaters Active Member

Glad to hear you are okay.

I am still speechless. No point really in saying anything much, it has all been said.

We called that area the School Bus Stop, or the Mermaid Hole. I probably won't fish it again until I am very old and by than just for memories.

I have posted on this site about the Evil Blue Clay of the Stilly several times. I never know how evil it really was.

triploidjunkie likes this.
  10. Cole L

Cole L Fish Fiend

Ed Call deleted quoted post

1. As soon as they clear the mud.
    2. There's a detour along SR 20.
    3. It was predicted to happen before it occurred.
    4. No, we (as humans) did. Logging, erosion and over-saturated soil caused it.
    5. Is that even a question?

25+ people died, this isn't a joke so do not treat it like one.[/color]

fredaevans likes this.
  11. Lugan

Lugan Joe Streamer

12. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    edited for reasons that would appear obvious it left up on the board

13. HauntedByWaters

G-spot4u, you are clearly lost. Go back to where you came from.

14. HauntedByWaters

And just to show how little you know G-spot4u, here is a lidar map that shows slides from loooooooooong before any logging ever occurred. This valley has been having slides like this since back when your Neanderthal ancestors still roamed the earth. Look at the much bigger slide that occurred to the west before recorded history.

And it won't take long to clear that road either. Have you ever been near an excavator for a day or do you think those are all bad?

Now stop making an ass of yourself with all these assumptions.

Attached Files:

Gary Knowels and Grayone like this.
  15. Skysoldier

Skysoldier Trout Hunter

Just do what many of us already have and put the little punk on ignore..........at some point he will go away because there will be no one left to see his crap.

Ron McNeal likes this.
  16. Lugan

Lugan Joe Streamer

Wow, the ignore feature is quite thorough! It erases his posts from the thread completely.

In case someone doesn't know how to do it: Click on the offending member's name in the thread. In the pop-up, simply choose "ignore". Refresh your browser and he'll disappear.

17. Sean Beauchamp

Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Media:
    Hey G spot... With full disrespect intended. You can meet me at the slide and we will see if you run your arrogant mouth the same without a computer screen. At the end of the day regardless of your opinion, there is a town under mud and trees, and innocent and honorable people and families lost everything including their lives. If you are too blinded to see that, than I'm afraid there is no hope for you as a human. The Internet and the assholes that use it are hard for me to stomach sometimes.

18. Paul Huffman

Paul Huffman Lagging economic indicator

Media:
    Home Page:
    The frustration for government agencies is that when you try to restrict building in hazardous areas before an event like this, you get a room full of the "Government, Get out of our Lives" and "Government is the problem, not the solution" folks. County Commissioners get replaced. Some legislators get replaced, others grandstand their opposition to regulation. After an event like this, folks lie up to sue you for letting them build, for "Not doing your job."

dfl, wolverine and Lugan like this.
  19. Ed Call

Media:
    This is out of hand. Totally inhumane sidetracking has me angered. Not even sure how to clean this crap up, but I will.

20. Ed Call

Media:
    Out of respect for those lost lives and those survivors grieving this thread is getting locked for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.