NFR: And now wolves in the Teanaway drainage

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Lugan, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +396 / 0
    You make a point for all the serial killers out there! Maybe they could use that in they're defense; "You're honor, I was only doing my part to save the earth....you know, going "Green"."
  2. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,324 / 9
    They were not introduced artificially any more than we were.

Here is a funny one...

Two groups of apex predators walked into an elk herd. The one less efficient, more regulated and more inclined to be lazy blamed the other for taking too much.

I'm not saying the wolves are not or will not be a problem that won't have an affect on man, man's prey or other species. I just think this is a benefical testament to Mother Nature and her resilency through adaptation. Eventually the pack will be too large, or the herd too large, or city too large...each will force an adaptave change on the other.
  3. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +699 / 2
    If you don't agree with their politics they're better off dead...? You're a quality human being.
  4. Chris Bellows aka. topwater

The Salt
    Ratings: +751 / 0
    the other place it was mentioned was olympic national park, where there was some talk of reintroducing wolves a few years back.
  5. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Ratings: +164 / 0
    "Leave a light a footprint......"

Celebrate diversity

Makes me want to laugh and puke at the same time.

Have you ever spent time outside of a manicured park?
  6. Kaiserman content

Hey Mumbles, who's Mother Nature here? Did they come back on their own? Or did we humans reintroduce them?

I'm a firm believer that we, mankind, have not been a very good steward of what we've been entrusted with. I'm simply, again, agreeing with others like the Old Man, that evidence shows they typically become a problem. I don't like it anymore than you. It's just what the evidence proves. Say what you will, Montana is a prime example.
  7. Kaiserman content

Hey, while we're at it....let's start a campaign for getting our rivers restocked with the Squaw Fish! Why is there a bounty on them? Cause we love our steelhead...am I right?

How is that any different than guys loving to hunt for elk or deer? I think it's called "double standard".
  8. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Ratings: +164 / 0
  9. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Ratings: +755 / 2
    Save the sheep! I'm calling PETA on you all.
  10. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
  11. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +262 / 2
    Oh cmon you know PETA is just bunch of sheepf@ckers they are not going to help you out.

They want to save animals, they just don't tell you for what!!!!!
  12. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    I just want to know what Glenn Beck says about this issue. He is my other news source. Keith Olbermann too.
  13. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Oh wait, they both lost their shows. Never mind.
  14. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,324 / 9
    I8, was this pack introduced? What do you know that I have not read about this pack being dropped off here by some bucket biologist? If the pack grows rapidly, kills indiscriminately and threatens other populations they can be regulated without being eradicated, no?
  15. UptheCreek Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I don't even know how to respond to a thread like this. I already know of a wolf that was stalking a hunter last year and he was barely able to get a shot off before it got to him. If you like to go camping in the woods, just keep an eye on the wife and kids....just sayin.
  16. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +640 / 0
    Being a knuckle dragger ,I had to look homgenous up in the dictionary to discouver what it means. But I couldn't find the word, is your spelling correct or is it my dictionary that is obsolete?
  17. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +562 / 0
    I just contacted my naturalist friend who has monitored the Yellowstone packs every year since they were introduced. He knows them all by name.... Hopefully he will give me some insight into this a bit.
  18. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +766 / 1
    Homogeneous...
  19. Bill Johnson Member

North Bend, wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    OK, Ribka, you know nothing about me other than I presumably flyfish and occasionally post on this site. F... you. Rather than flaming you on this group, I'll PM you.
  20. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +262 / 2
    Velcro gloves only work on sheep...