NFR - Camping/hiking recomendation

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by Mike S, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Mike S New Member

Issaquah, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    So the wife wants to camp and hike this weekend. Anyone have some recommendations for a couple of places, maybe Eastern WA to beat the rain that might be coming?

Preferable a campground with Cabin, Yurt or ?? preferred, but we can do tent camping as well. Of course if there happens to be a river or lake nearby so much the better!

Thanks

Mike
  2. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +206 / 0
    Naches area is nice, as well as the campgrounds around Mount Rainier. Teanawy has some nice spots and hikes up into the Stuart range. No cabins / yurts that I know of to tenting would be the way to go.

MB
  3. Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Doo-vall
    Ratings: +447 / 1
    Wherever you decide to go, just be aware that if you're hiking in the woods, certain hunting seasons are open in specific areas. Most notably, archery season for deer and elk.
    Teanaway is a beautiful area- good campgrounds with access to hiking. The Teanaway river is likely very skinny this time of year, however. Also the area around Salmon La Sac may hold possibilities.
  4. Greg Gilliland Member

Benton City, Wa, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Just came back from the Little Naches area. Beautiful area we stayed at a campground called Halfway Flats it is right on the river. I was not fishing I was looking for elk, so no report on how the fishing was. Saw a few caught.

Greg
  5. Jason Decker Active Member

Issaquah, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    go to cooper lake