NFR: Car break ins

Discussion in 'Lost, Found, Stolen' started by cj6530, Jun 25, 2008.

1. cj6530

cj6530 Member

I had my car window smashed out and the contents stolen last night at exit 20 on I90. This is the third time in a year and a half since I moved to Seattle. Do I have bad luck or is this the expected ratio for break ins vs years lived in the region? Also, the break ins were not in "bad" areas. Once in Kirkland, Once in East lake sammamish and now walking my dog off a trail in Issaqua. Whats the deal!!!!

2. Mr.E

Mr.E He called me an Elitist ?? LOL ..what a moron

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. What make vehicle are you parking?

3. obiwankanobi

obiwankanobi Active Member

Media:
    What did you leave in your car?

4. cj6530

cj6530 Member

2008 Xterra and left the baby bag in the car. I was also walking the baby. I guess now the baby bag prob looked like a purse.

5. Mr.E

Mr.E He called me an Elitist ?? LOL ..what a moron

A baby bag? This stuff still amazes me. I bet if you research this forum regarding break ins, your probably in the same location(s). It's probably the same retards that bust into vehicles.

6. cj6530

cj6530 Member

the "baby bag" is the bag that my wife uses to carry diapers and baby wipes in. Its not like a safeway bag but instead more like a purse. Maybe they are called diaper bags...don't really know

7. HauntedByWaters

HauntedByWaters Active Member

Start driving a POS 1994 Mercury Sable like me.......No breakins yet!! ;)

8. Jeff

Jeff Member

I had my Dodge broken into in W. Seattle a couple years back... A-holes broke windows in 4-5 cars along our street, including mine. They got 3 of my reels... my fault for leaving them in the truck. But I was in the process of moving and spaced that I had left them in there. So not only did I have to replace my reels I had to buy a new window as well. :mad:

Sorry to hear about your break-in.

Jeff

9. Tim Lockhart

Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Media:
    Best I can say from, now, four break-ins...just remember the big 3 - as in don't leave in your car: Cash, ID, Gadgets (camera/iPod/bluetooth/etc.) Always amazes me what they'll leave behind, but count on losing any of the big 3 every time. Learned it the hard way. Most recent was 2 wks ago in my own f#cking driveway...never suspected in my own neighborhood but I just proved how naive I am (and just moved back in after living out of the country...yeah, welcome home!) Worth pondering: Left my own rig unlocked by accident...contained force fins, other gear, nice sunglasses, about 15 cd's (good ones), MY GARAGE DOOR OPENER, and, oh yeah, about a buck-fifty in small change. The entire rig was rummaged through during the night...all the little compartments were left hanging open and my sh!t was everywhere. The take? That buck-fifty and nothing else. No damage to the rig since they got in so easily. All else left untouched, including the garage opener. Lucky me.

cj - sorry to hear you got it as well...I've had the broken window 3 times prior to this. Hope they didn't get anything too valuable.

10. Brett Angel

Brett Angel Member

Media:
    28 years in Yakima = 0 breakin and 0 stolen cars

5 years in Seattle/Bothell = 5 breakins and 1 stolen car

Ironic, huh?

11. Smooth

Smooth Guest

You're not alone...Spokane has a large contingent of meth-a-billys, meth-necks, Gangs, and all-round scallywags.

To date Spokane thieves have hit me 8 times.

12. junebug41

junebug41 Junior Dave Monti fan

Media:
    I've switched to the following method: I don't leave anything in the car that's worth more than a car window, so I leave the door unlocked and (hopefully) eliminate the chance of losing said window. I no longer keep registration, etc. in the glove box -- I've moved that down into the spare tire well under the spare. Finally, I disable the engine when I leave to ensure that I have a ride home. All they can really do at this point is siphon my gas.

13. Charlie S

Charlie S Confrimed Reprobate

Until we get our justice system working where the criminal doesn't have all the rights once convicted and has to serve HARD time then this crap is going to continue. Will such actions stop this type of activity, of course not. But it will stop those incarcerated.

14. Rob Zelk

Rob Zelk I swing, therefore i am.

Media:
    Thats weak! a If you drive a crappier car or truck and make it look messy before you leave you'll never have trouble. I drive an old ranger and its always kinda messy and I've never had a problem on the westside or when I went to college in spokane. Cover all things that you don't want to attract attention with sweatshirts or grocery bags, works like a charm.

I knew a fellow in college who had a pimp big truck. He put something like 80 grand into it; it was trick, with every goodie you could imagine. He had this anti-theft device built in where if you stole the vehicle, it would roll up the windows, lock you in, and call the cops. I'm not sure if he had special widows that wouldn't break when hit but he must have or else the whole system seems kind of stupid. If I only had 80 grand to blow on stuff I don't need... :)

15. Steven Green

Steven Green Hood Canal Pirate

Media:
    I've had my car broken into before. They stole my younger brothers zune while we were out fishing near the dungeness. I'd like to meet the thief that breaks into my car again. . .

Scum of the earth, they deserve to be spit on.

16. Fast Action Freddie

Fast Action Freddie Member

How do you disable the engine?

for me: 41 yrs living in Seattle, 25 of them as of driving age, 20 of those leaving the car parked at trailheads, along rivers, at lakes, in park and rides for multiple days = 0 break-ins

i remember one time at a trailhead to a lake off the mountain loop highway (i can't remember which one) running into a guy who had his car broken into, vandalized, tires slashed and they took his tire iron ... at the trailhead. he found someone to give him a ride out ... so i made the short hike in to enjoy a little fishing, but it kind of put a damper on my sense of peace.

17. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I drove a crappy car but I locked it up when I was at the water. Being crappy didn't stop the theives. I don't have a crappy car anymore and I don't live in the Greater Everett/Seattle area anymore. I have never seen anybody break into any auto here in the back woods.

Jim

18. fly punk

fly punk lunatic trout bum

That sucks. A friend of mine just lost about 7,000 buck worth of crap out of his car on the river. He had just moved here from utah and said he had never heard of this happening before. Well he learned tha hard way. I would LOVE!!!! to catch some sh*thead breaking my rig. I live on a dead end and my neighbors are old and can't hear very well. It would be so fun. :rofl:

19. Buck

Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Media:
    O' about a month ago I forgot to lock my car and someone (kids I'm assuming) took my fanny pack with about 5 fly boxes, tippet, leaders, forceps,...basiclly everything but the rods and reels. Anyway, about 2 weeks later I came out of my house and found a bag on my steps. The contents, my 5 fly boxes. It turns out they saw the boxes (which are zero value) and jammed them in a bush, well I had my address on them and they found there way home. So, Sorry to hear about your loss. personally I'm writing my info on my stuff because "most" thief's want better stuff then fishing stuff.....and diaper bags.
    Buck.

20. Ethan G.

Ethan G. I do science.. on fish..

Media:
    iagree Yup, Dungy meth-heads need to be beat. I want my Zune back! Although, I did get to buy another one :D
    -Ethan