NFR: Digital Camera (Canon S200) software help!

Discussion in 'Photography / Video' started by Denny, May 13, 2004.

1. Denny Active Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +46 / 0
    I purchased a Canon S200 camera a year and a half ago to use on my fishing trips. Somehow I misplaced one of the software CD's, and I can't download the photos. I have two 128 disks full of photos that I can't download!

I'm a knucklehead at this stuff, and I don't know where to go to get the right software. I know some of you guys are digital camera afficionados; any help or recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks!
  2. ZugBug Member

Castle Rock, Colorado
    Ratings: +0 / 0
  3. Curtis New Member

Bothell
    Or if you have or purchase a card reader you can download the pics to your computer and use whatever software you'd like, ie picture it, photoshop, whatevers clever. The card readers are only $20
  4. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0
    And the Ub cord or what ever it is called is cheaper. It plugs into your computer and then your computer takes over. At least my did. Windows XP works like nothing I have ever used.

Jim
  5. Couleeflyfisher Member

Ratings: +5 / 0
    Hi Richard:
    I guess it may depend on your computer. I have both an S200 and S400, both great cameras, Windows XP will accept with no problems, some may require the disc. A card reader is the best bet since it doesn't drain battery, should cost less than $20. and available at Staples, etc. If you haven't resolved this, drop me an e-mail, jimcff@odessaoffice.com
    Jim
  6. LadyBug New Member

Bothell, WA.
  7. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0
    I have a card reader that is not being used at this time. Had a S400 camera that took a swim and now I have a few accessories that aren't used anymore. Also a battery charger for those batteries. Cheap.

Jim
  8. willieboat Member

Lacey, WA
    Of course, you could email Cannon with your camera info and get them to send all that you need, for a small fee. That way if it fails to work, you will know who to yell at.
    Good luck!:professor