(NFR) Don't forget to vote today

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Diehard, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Diehard

Diehard aka Justin

Media:
    I just wanted remind everyone to go out and cast their vote today if they haven't already (and then go fishing to celebrate that all this political bullshit is comming to an end). :thumb:

2. Bob Martin

Bob Martin Member

Inspite of voting, the "political bullshit" will continue, trust me. But isn't it nice to live in a country where we settle our differences at the ballot box and not with guns and car bombs and bloodshed in the streets. I agree, let's go fishing and celebrate whatever the election's outcome. We are lucky to live in such a great country.

3. BOBLAWLESS

BOBLAWLESS New Member

Very scared right know. I really am not sure if I can take any more of the little Texan, let alone four more years. I am hopeful. We could pull this off.
    On the other hand it may be a disaster for us Dems.
    Well, we'll know in a few more hours.

By the way, check out www.cnn.com. It's got some neat stuff to access totals quickly in key races.

Bob, the always concerned about my country. :beer2:

4. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    4 more years???

Well, I voted for the loser again. So far, I've voted for Perot, Gore, and Kerry, they all won Washington, but lost the election. I still believe in this country, I'm not happy, but we'll survive. Will the fish? doubtful, hatchery fish are now native under Bush's plan. :beathead: YT

5. David Holmes

David Holmes Formerly known as "capmblade"

Media:
    Home Page:
    This came to me last night while my wife was lamenting her fallen candidate:

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE BUSH!

6. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Media:
    Home Page:
    I bet that made her happy! :eek:

7. Peter Pancho

Peter Pancho Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    GO BUSH !!!

Sorry, we just had to make that comment...

Peter :thumb: <><

8. TomB

TomB Active Member

I pray for anyone's soul who was misguided enough to vote for Bush....at least that is what I will hope....that they were misguided in their blindness....for anyone who did it knowingly is, I fear, to far descended toward a certain eternal hot place to be saved by prayer.
    -Thomas
    embarassed to be american

9. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Media:
    Exit polls showed most Kerry voters were concerned about the economy, Iraq, and domestic issues. Bush voters were concerned about terrorism.

Deaths from terrorism as a percentage of total deaths in the US, 1991-2001: 0.0001%

10. TomB

TomB Active Member

you also didnt mention the "morals and values" category, apparently, lying and decieving are OK, but universal rights are not

11. Coho

Coho Member

Media:
    George Bush and BWO's

You misquoted the poll - according to George Stephanopolous, a diehard democrat, Morals and Values were the number one issue for voters voting for Bush.

Apparently issues like; marriage as defined by a man and a woman, and partial birth abortion (which is kind of like the description of the bashing in the head of a Chum from another post - only it's a viable, almost born baby and not a fish) is sufficiently important to enough people that George Bush won. The Dem, Stephanopolous was amazed by that.

I voted for George Bush and am glad that he won, and proud for what he stands for. That is not a popular stance on this board or in the Seattle area.

What I respectfully suggest is that if you love your country and support the US - then stop the bitterness and whining, and let's agree to disagree agreeably. One of the great things about this country is the diversity of opinions and thoughts, and this country is perhaps at its best when those disagreements are debated and discussed civilly - and we are perhaps at our worst when those debates become hateful and/or violent.

And to finish this post on a lighter note - we had an awesome day on the Yak last week. I took a client and my son on a float in the lower Canyon. Bighorns, Otters, and lots of BWO's! We hooked lots of fish on nymphs, WD 40's and a tiny copper SH were the hot tickets. I found a new little slot I had never stopped to fish before that was very productive - my client hooked and lost a pig. After the fish came unbuttoned, it surfaced like a Poseidon sub. It was breathtaking to see its huge back burst out of the water, glistening in the ochre tinged autumn sunlight.

We timed the float to be in a favorite little skinny water run at about 3:00 - and sure enough, within a few minutes of pulling the boat up, lots of fish started to nose into a shallow slot to take advantage of a prolific BWO hatch.

My client landed his largest trout ever, a 20" rainbow with a broad red streak (it looked just like a downstream steelhead) on a CDC BWO emerger, my son did very well, and I was able to break in my new 3wt... 5 fish to ~18" in < hour and 3 more LDR's. The trout demanded perfection in your presentation, so it was particularly satisfying to get a solid take. Big trout in skinny water just go nuts when you hook them! Fall is an awesome time of year to fish!

12. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    Bush supporters:

If you voted for Bush, you care nothing about the fish! thats a fact! I hope you never catch a wild fish again! :beathead: YT