(NFR) E WA Flowers

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by ribka, May 22, 2007.

1. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Ratings: +161 / 0
    For all of you who fish in the Yak in E WA the flowers are in full bloom now and will be for the next few weeks. I live near Umptanum Falls by Ellensburg and the flowers are incredible again this year. Many birds are beginning to show themsleves too in the area. Recommend that you take a little time from fishing and bring the wife, significant other , kids and try hiking, bird and wildlife watching, picnicking in this area.(Might even score some points for some future fishing trips) If you want directions, suggestions feel free to pm me.Cheers
  2. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +168 / 0
    NFR: E WA Flowers

Yeah, the balsam and phlox is looking pretty good.
  3. suckegg Active Member

Ellensburg, WA,
    Ratings: +87 / 0
  4. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

suckegg - I haven't seen that one but will keep an eye out for it. A lot of primrose the last trip.
  5. suckegg Active Member

Ellensburg, WA,
    Ratings: +87 / 0
    They don't last long once they bloom and as you can see there is no more then what amounts to a few blades of vegetation. I notice them most often in the hills near Thorp. Mostly beause I work there this time of year. Right now they are out.
  6. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Lots of indian paint brush, lupine, phlox, shooting stars, buckwheat by my house now.
  7. Preston Active Member

Ratings: +359 / 0
    On a trip to Lenice a week or so ago I saw a couple of good patches of blooming camas along I-90 east of Cle Elum.
  8. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Near the house this morning
  9. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ribka:

Gotta love it! Thanks for the pictures.