(NFR) Facts

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Sharp Steelie, Jan 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice Senior Member

Media:
    (NFR) Facts--Settle this once... and for all...

Sorry didn't mean to steal your thunder. :-(
    Steve

2. fatwhitedog

fatwhitedog New Member

Media:

NW no problem.

At least it’s the ideology that finally got out there to ask to fish with the guy then make the call.

How many people up here have had 20+ fish days (of any kind) I wonder? and how many are maybe a tad bit skeptical based on personal jealousy?

rhetorical questions....

3. Smooth

Smooth Guest

Facts

Steelie,
    I left this forum (don't ask me why I came back, ironic yours was the first post I read) because of some jerks and their uninformed, envious blabberings. They think it is OK to slam someone, but it is not OK to get upset about it. What a bunch of pencilnecked a-holes!

Too much of the cowardly, cheap, shallow, low life, Seattle style "passive, aggresive" bullS__T going on here.
    My advice: Just go...don't say anything. They don't deserve your input.

4. XstreamAngler

XstreamAngler ...has several mistresses.

Media:
    Home Page:

What a waste of 10 minutes of my damn time to read all of this! I missed the last 10 minutes of Jerry Springer to read all of this? Entertaining, yes, so I guess I will have to catch "My Ex is now a stripper" on the re-run!
    And I have had 20 plus fish days!

"Don't believe everything you think"

SAK
    Xstream
    }(

5. speycast

speycast Guest

This thread is Jerry Springer material.

We can call it "Jealous Fly Fishers who apparently can't catch fish!"

speycast

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:

I've had days where in order to not catch anything you had to get out of the water. It seems funny that I've seen posts on here where people have caught fish after fish on lakes and not once did they get flamed. Is all of this not a two way street.I won't go into the amounts because I don't care or keep count. I'm in this for the fun and enjoyment that I get out of fly fishing.

Jim

7. Laketrout

Laketrout New Member

Personally I don't know whether or not SS is for real, but I am going to try his flies and techniques before I jump to any conclusion. And as for unknown mneumonic or whatever I don't know where you get off, insulting people for how many posts they have, a)
    they aren't very reliable and b) it is stupid to insult people like that just for saying your wrong, almost child-like.
    Now lets all talk in a calm rational manner

8. Dan

Dan Member

Ray,

Well said.

I didn't catch the entrance, but exit seemed a bit overboard. Haven't seen that much drama since high school.

Dan

"There are none happy in the world but beings who enjoy freely a vast horizon."

9. topflight121

topflight121 Josh Pearson

This post is just stupid. I don't care if he is telling the truth or not. I could care less if you are his best friend, his lover, or you hate him. This post is just a waste of time. For those who believe him, go fish with him and enjoy your time, be greatful that you had 40+ fish days, and make him your damn idol for all I care. Who really cares now, he is gone. I have never fished with him, nor do I plan to (no reason why). Everyone get on with your life. Go fish that little creek that runs by your house, get out on the Sound, or go hook up with that over weight barmaid at the local Sit and Sip.

josh

10. Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice Senior Member

Media:
    So does it have to be with an overweight Barmaid? Cause if it's an overweight barmaid .. I don't know man !
    Steve

11. Do you really think I would be dumb enough to post
    any of this if I didn't have witnesses for 3 straight
    years - Well I do! This is excactly why I never tried
    to get involved in the "industry". I've been fly-fishing
    since 1977 and have been very quiet about it. The book
    is simply something fun to do while I'm trying to find
    a career with the kids. I apologize for being a little
    over emotional - but I just got recently severly screwed
    by the service I loved and I'm in a very serious battle.
    I allowed some people to talk me into all of this because
    they saw that I had a real gift - obviously the fly-
    fishing world isn't ready for me yet - oh well, had to
    at least check it out - by the way, when your in a
    service such as the Coast Guard you learn not to say
    anything that you can't back up! Obviously some guides,
    authors etc don't want me around - that's to bad - we
    might actually be able to teach each other something.
    Congrats to the guys who got fish on my flies - at least
    they know I'm on to something.

see ya on a river somewhere

12. fatwhitedog

fatwhitedog New Member

Media:

ever have a 40 fish day? solo count?

In November I had 5 Chums, one close to the 30LB mark, 6 silvers and two dollies, all in one day of fishing on the O.P. in a very quiet 'little river'.

Even had a couple of gear guys come over and watch. One cat from Colorado actually ran down river to see the fish at the end of the line.

ONe thing for certain if you go where the fish are, and you can see them, they're caught fish in my book.

13. WaFlyCaster

WaFlyCaster Tricoptera

Media:
    oh how the drama can be found on every posting website..from fly-fishing to god knows what...every one of these sites has this crap.

well as for SS sure his stories are a lil far fetched.... but they are possible if and i do mean a big "IF" there was large numbers of fish returning to where he says hes been fishing...I myself had some pretty good fly-fishing days on the nooksack river in early december when the chums were running strong...in the two days i was able to fish it..i hooked probably 30 the first day and landed close to 20 (also hooked and lost a nice steelhead)..and on the second day i hooked and landed 10(my wrist about fell off)...now these arent steelhead...they are chums..and they are really aggressive and there were tons of them!! and if you dont beleive me that their were tons of them...go check out all their carcasses laying around up there..stinks like hell

if SS was able to find fish in this quantity..i would say that his stories are possible

as for steelhead the best day ive ever had was when i was on a river stacked full of steelies.. (the skookumchuck) about 7 years ago and that is when i was a gear fisher..and i hooked 5 and landed one....damn logs and trees!!

other than that day...ive had one fish days for all the other steelies ive caught.

i think if someone wanted to know if there was a large run of fish in the lewis..they should look up the biologists that monitor that stream and see what the runs were like..and so forth. I personally have not seen steelhead return in great enough numbers at any hatchery in washington state that ive checked out.. to warrant that kind of production.

anyways...those are just my thoughts

14. ChrisC

ChrisC Member

I have (but not yet in WA;) and certainly not in steelhead). 20+ fish days, apparently however, are definitely something you don't broadcast freely for the scrutiny it brings.

15. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Media:
    Home Page:
    With all due respects to all involved, I am locking this topic.Enough is enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.