NFR: Fall Colors

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Steve Call, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Steve Call

Steve Call Active Member

Just want to say that the Fall colors this year are spectacular! I don't know if it is our dry summer, lack of rain or what, but the reds, yellows, oranges, etc have been great. I've been over Snoqualmie Pass twice this week, plus just driving around Western Washington and it is beautiful.

plaegreid and Skysoldier like this.
  2. Skysoldier

Skysoldier Trout Hunter

Its shaping up to be a great fall for sure.

3. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Media:
    You should see it out on the Icicle!!

4. chief

chief Active Member

I couldn't agree more. Photos from this weekend in the Winthrop area. Even the Tiger Trout are colored up!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

plaegreid, Dan Nelson and FinLuver like this.
  5. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Chief:

Just got back a bit ago from the area. Yes, the colors are great. Nice tiger.

Slept on the deck, outside, and there was a bit of frost on the pumpkin - and other things.

Fishing wasn't as good as we had hoped but a good trip with good friends - and a cinnamon Twisp to start the day.

I'm sure that others will start the report.

MB

6. chief

chief Active Member

My fishing was pretty good, but it seemed like it got better as the week went on and the weather stabilized. It sure was beautiful with the sun out and a bite of Winter in the air. During the time I was over there I fished Chopaka, Moccasin, and a small local lake. Chopaka fished the best - lot's of 14"-18" fish, but nothing bigger that we landed. Moccasin was tougher than normal, but we had success fishing Chernobyl Ants around the edges and some of the takes were downright vicious. Caught a mixed bag of mostly Triploid Rainbows, with a few Browns, Tigers and Brook Trout. Some of the Rainbows were monsterous. The local lake was a surprise. I ended up being the only fisherman on the water and landed over 2 dozen fish ranging 14"-21". I hadn't been up in the Methow in October for a few years, and was reminded that it is one of my favorite times to be out there - at least when the weather cooperates like this year.