NFR - Global Warming Poll

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Scott Keith, Oct 18, 2007.

?

Do you believe in Global Warming?

No, the Earth is not warming 6 vote(s) 3.0%
Yes, the Earth is warming and it is mans fault 98 vote(s) 49.5%
Yes, the Earth is warming as part of its natural cycle 86 vote(s) 43.4%
How does this relate to fishing? 8 vote(s) 4.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott Keith Member

Arlington, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    With all this global warming debate that has occured I'm just curious....

So, do you believe?
  2. sashjo Member

Lakewood, WA.
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    If anyone has objective evidence that it is caused by human activity please post it. Mann's hockey stick ,the poster child for human caused global warming, is an artifact caused by mathematical error. The IPCC should have demanded an independent audit of Mann's data. You know what they say, garbage in, garbage out.
  3. fshnazn Member

Beavercreek OR
    Whether it's warming now or warming later, it will happen. Revelation 16:8 "And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire."Vs.9"And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory." You can debate with scientists til your brain turns to jello or you can just believe in God's Word and be secure about eternity. The world is in a state of entropy:The inevitable deterioration of a system/society. Look around, ain't nothin' gettin' better. You might say "technology and man is getting smarter",but, it is not solving societies' problems. Face it, the earth is dying. Do as much as you can to maintain the environment, but our resources will run out. And then, prepare to meet thy Maker (whether you believe in Him or not). Biblical reality. You can't argue with faith.
  4. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,600 / 2
    My answer: I have no possible way of making an opinion on something that I know absolutely nothing about. I have little education in meteorology or climates. So what it comes down to is basing an opinion on whatever side made the better presentation on TV or some magazine. At least that's the way I see it.

On the other hand, there is significant evidence to point that some type of climate changes are occurring. But whether or not they're being caused by man, or by a natural cycle of some sort is beyond anything that I'll ever claim to know anything about.
  5. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,600 / 2
    Not to be a jerk, but I don't think bringing religion (along with politics and such) into this discussion forum is entirely appropriate.

6. Ethan G. I do science.. on fish..

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I'm kinda moderate on this subject, which is very unlike me, I'm usually pretty radical to one side or the other. Evidence suggests that humans are at least contributing to this warming cycle. that's where I am at the moment. We are contributors, but not entirely at fault. On the other hand, the Earth does have periods of warming and cooling, it has for eons without human intervention. We could just be at the beginning of another warming cycle. Personally, I find that less likely than a human contributor theory.
    -Ethan
  7. Scott Keith Member

Arlington, WA
    I agree... I think most global warming alarmists downplay or ignore the earth having a natural cycle. We had ice ages before... but we are not in one now, so yeah the earth has warmed... I don't think creating hysteria helps. I do believe that we have an impact on our environment, take our salmon runs for example. I think we should be cautious with what we do around the environment. I think people that drive prius's do it because they want people to know they are eco-friendly (eco-snobs). But then again I'm a pretty conservative...

Scott
  8. gt Active Member

sequim, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
  9. fullerfly Calvin Fuller

Sandpoint, ID
    Whether Global warming is caused by man or not, there is a cyclical warming and cooling of the earth. The underlying issue is more about pollution than anything else. Even if we cut down on pollution by any percentage, and the world continues to warm, than we just have a cleaner world. What's wrong with that?
  10. Davy Active Member

SIlverton, OR
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    One might think it would mean we would need less firewood for the upcoming elk season,,,but it ain't lookin that way.
  11. Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Washington
    Ratings: +53 / 0
    Frank Zappa 19:79 "Why does it hurt when I pee?" :rofl:
  12. Chris Puma hates waking up early

stumptown
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    the poll should be:

do you alter your daily habits to curtail the amount of consumption and waste in your life?
  13. Scott Keith Member

Arlington, WA

I really hope we would all say yes to that...
  14. headstrong1 youngish old guy

Cashmere
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Who needs evidence? Those that deny, will deny. Those that agree will agree. You could slap some people across the cheek with a chicken thigh and they'd still say it was beef. Global warming is a left wing conspiracy. The denial of global warming is a right wing conspiracy. Let's just keep pumping out CO2 and see what happens shall we?
  15. Will Atlas Guest

The scientific community is completely unified on the subject. The climate IS warming, and it IS due to human activities. Those are facts, it's not a debate. All this B.S. fair and balanced cable news americans watch now days has them convinced that because 3 or 4 climate scientists have sold out to oil companies that there is actual doubt. I think the real debate should be about a course of action.

I'm not so apocalyptic as many are. The world has been much warmer before and it will be much cooler (ice age) again. Its only a matter of when. I think we need to step back and remember that we are not seperate from the fate of the planet, but rather indelibly bound to it. We evolved here and so often people live like this planet provides us with infinite resources. The way we live on earth will change, its just a matter of how drastic things have to get before then.

Will
  16. Chris Puma hates waking up early

stumptown
    i don't understand. why would it matter if human's aren't making an impact on global warming?
  17. Dave Hartman is tired of trout

Whitefish, MT
    Ratings: +51 / 0
    Seriously, people, think about it! It's most definitely the Muddler Minnow!
  18. Chris Puma hates waking up early

stumptown
    i don't know... this advice is from someone who gave up fly fishing and the red sox for a girl.
  19. Dave Hartman is tired of trout

Whitefish, MT
    Ratings: +51 / 0
    Jeesh, someone on Capital Hill takes exception to me digging chicks?
    :confused:
  20. Chris Puma hates waking up early

stumptown
    (i'm bummed out there's no kissing emoticon)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.