NFR - Global Warming Poll

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Scott Keith, Oct 18, 2007.

?

Do you believe in Global Warming?

No, the Earth is not warming 6 vote(s) 3.0%
Yes, the Earth is warming and it is mans fault 98 vote(s) 49.5%
Yes, the Earth is warming as part of its natural cycle 86 vote(s) 43.4%
How does this relate to fishing? 8 vote(s) 4.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott Keith Member

Arlington, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    :rofl::rofl: I've been wasting work time...
  2. RockyMtnC&R Banned or Parked

You should move to Utah and collaborate in fucking up the environment with a billion Mormons who also believe the "lord" has a plan and will always provide. I hate your kind.
  3. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    wow, there's some tolerance in action! LOL
  4. Scott Keith Member

Arlington, WA
    Rocky, you really don't know what you are talking about do you? Mormonism has nothing to do with this post, go spew your hate somewhere else.

Scott
  5. Cactus Dana Miller

Tacoma, WA, USA.
    I think there are other sites available for bigots such as yourself, try Googling "neo-nazi"!
  6. gt Active Member

sequim, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    i think the point, folks, is this planet and what happens or does not happen, is up to us.
  7. Gary Thompson dirty dog

East Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    Page 8 and I'm feeling the love.
  8. Philster New Member

Ratings: +3 / 0
    Okay... I admit it. I was wrong. I guess I DO care what you argue...
  9. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    You are all wrong.

Manbear pig and Jesus are fighting right now and the hellfire that rains down from the heavens during their great battle warms our earth.
  10. RockyMtnC&R Banned or Parked

You seriously can't see the link I made? Okay, I'll slow the ride down for you and your thread buddies just this once. Mormons are crippled with the ignorance that comes from believing "the lord will always provide" and therefore have no incentive to protect the environment. Utah and Idaho lead the nation as states contributing to air born emissions/pollutants from mining. These emissions contribute to global warming, which is the topic we are discussing. Utah and Idaho also have the highest concentration of Mormons in the world. This is not a coincidence. Religion is contributing to global warming.

The only group that still debates whether man is responsible for global warming are conservative religious types.(Christians/Mormons/Catholics, basically any of the Jesus religions) This distraction, although good for the neocon/pro development agenda, is bad for finding a solution to the problem of global warming. Hence, my post is entirely on topic.
  11. RockyMtnC&R Banned or Parked

Anyone bright enough to find the hypocrisy in this post?
  12. RockyMtnC&R Banned or Parked

Not according to 44% of the WFF members who voted in this poll. Pretty scary.
  13. Philster New Member

Most people who use the term "Neo-Con" use it as code for the "Great Jewish Conspiracy"... Not saying you are one of those, but use of the term will brand you into that camp for anyone who is at all educated on the issue and isn't part of the fringe. Name the top 5 power brokers on your Neo-Con list. They have one thing in common... :hmmm: Okay, aside from gender, age, and education...

Raises an interesting question though. How can someone tell if they are part of the fringe? :confused: John Wilkes Booth and Charles J. Guiteau both thought they would be heroes. Booth miscalculated the popularity of his act due to his passion. Guiteau was bat shit crazy:eek: So I guess all of us who are passionate about something have to look in the mirror every morning, and ask: "Am I comfortable with possibility of being wrong? Or am I Bat Shit Crazy?"

Oh yeah, for you kids out there. Guiteau shot President Garfield. I can only pray everyone knows who Booth was:eek:... What? Yes... There was a president named Garfield. Yes... Like the cat :beathead:

Oh and if you constantly pepper your conversations with terms like Neo-Con, Tri-lateral, 9-11 conspiracy, Zionist, Skull n'bones, Man/Bear/Pig, etc... You might be Fringe...
  14. xafisher JBrown

Sedro Woolley, WA
    wow! what a statement.

as one who believes that the Lord will provide, I also know that I have been charged with being a good steward with the natural resources, and I would put trying to curb my net CO2 output as part of that.

But, which of us are without doing harm?
  15. Stephen Rice Senior Member

Wasilla, Alaska
    Hey maybe it would be best if you all went back and read the forum rules again. and calm down with the religion crap, if you can't you should take it some where else, what started out to be a conversation about global warming ended up being nothing but religion bashing and attacking other members there is no place on this board for that. get back to the subject or quit posting. with that said, I think there are cirumstances in which we do add to global warming but I don't think we(meaning humans) are completely at fault. How can we really predict what will happen to our planet, it's so complex and changing it's hard to understand everything about it, even if it weren't true and this was just a cycle, should we poo-poo it and go on about our ways or should we actually try to improve our ways and live more lightly on the planet. I know just going out fishing I find trash all of the time, it saddens me that we have this attitude that we can just pollute without damaging our planet. I just saw a special on the tv last week about how there is this huge trash circle just floating out int the middle of the pacific, unbelievable aint' it!!:eek:
  16. Scott Keith Member

Arlington, WA
    You are an idiot... not worth my time to debate. I happen to be Mormon, don't tell me what we believe, I know it well.

Scott
  17. gt Active Member

sequim, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    that is an interesting thought regarding a large scale organized religion and what appears to be a vast lack of concern for our environment, in both states. as someone once said: '...there are many good and bad people in our world, but there are only really bad people when organized religion is involved...' history seems to support this contention quite well but it is always difficult for each of us to examine things in light of today. as usual, YMMV, but if not the religious theme, then just what explains the atrocious environmental records of utah and idaho???
  18. Philster New Member

Aside from the Mormon's settling in Utah to find a safe home, the majority of folks/businesses who staked claims in both places did so to make money off the environment and resources. Railroads, lumber, mines, ranchers. Hard to turn things around after 100 years of bad habits. Ask the "textile belt" in the east...
  19. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +302 / 0
    Closing this down on request.
  20. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    OK genius, China leads the world in pollution and carbon emissions. China is an ‘atheist’ nation. Religion (other than worship of their communist government) is illegal. So how can you blame religion on their massive impact to the environment?????

Perhaps the bigger issue with Idaho and Utah is more related to the simple fact they also have a huge dependency on these mines – totally independent of what religion most of them tend to be? And if you look from state to state, you’ll find that most states have a very large (majority) of their population who is religious to some extent. You are barking up the wrong tree. I can’t speak for mormons, but I know most Christians at least take the stewardship of the environment very seriously (although not ‘religiously’ as some here…).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.