(NFR) Huskies' AD Turner resigns

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kent Lufkin, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,224 / 0
    Just ran into my neighbor who's a UW professor. He told me that his committee had just vetted the news release about UW Athletic Director Turner's abrupt resignation. I must have looked shocked, so he told me it'd be breaking news within a half hour.

Sure enough: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2004065501_webturnersign11.html

But the question remains: did he jump or was he pushed?

K
  2. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,260 / 1
    Huskies' AD Turner resigns

Pushed
  3. nb_ken Member

North Bend, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    I think this answers that question:

"His contract ran through June of 2009 and he was paid a base salary of $345,000. Turner will be paid his full salary through the end of his contract, a UW official confirmed."

They don't usually keep paying on your contract if you just up and quit.
  4. seatownbrock Still in the 206.....

Burien, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I went to The Evergreen State College so I don't know much about this sports stuff.... but you could sure have a lot of fishing time with that salary and no work till June 2009....bawling:
  5. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,224 / 0
    Thanks to Chris or the moderator who quietly inserted a NFR before the post title, gently reminding me that I'd forgotten to do so.

K
  6. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +201 / 0
    Seatownbrock:

I grew up in Burien, between Gregort Heights & and swim pool. Also ended up as a Goeduck at TESC. They had zero sports way back when but have quite a few teams now.

Omni Extaris,
    MB
  7. Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Auburn,Wa.
    Ratings: +140 / 0
    Burien !! The best little town in the West !! Thats what they say anyway !!
  8. seatownbrock Still in the 206.....

Burien, WA
    Nice Scott,
    It seems like just yesterday that we threw a party at my place in G dorm for the first basketball game at Evergreen.... Requirement was that you had to dress like a frat boy and hit the beer bong before you were allowed in..... one time we even dressed like priests and nuns and went to watch the geoducks play at st martens.... ohh the good old days....
  9. LG Mix New Member

Near the border
    Apparently there are enough Greeners here to hijack this thread. Tommorw the world!
    -- Larry
  10. seatownbrock Still in the 206.....

Burien, WA
    .... Greeners can be found anywhere in our great country.... from the hacky sack circles to the corporate boardrooms....

Funny we are talking about Evergreen... I work as a Senior Manager in a pretty conservative field and finally got tired of people making fun of evergreen when I say where I graduated from...

so earlier this week I submitted a TESC personalized license plate

doubt it will make it through the review, but it will be funny if it does...
  11. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +495 / 2
    You and I must have been there about the same time. I remember when the basketball team was just beginning.

Ah wet, dark, olympia....how I do not miss you.
  12. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +488 / 0
    "Apparently win more football games" this was Turner's response to a reporters question about what this came down to.