(NFR) I just found out I'm Mr. Mom

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jerry Daschofsky, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Got a phone call from a radio station (KMPS) and found out that my girlfriend Tiffany submitted me for a contest. Found out I won. LOL.

Here's the contest. There is a group called Lonestar (yeah, I listen to country music lol) that has a song out called "Mr. Mom". Contest was to tell about your Mr. Mom. Her letter about me won the contest. Get free dinner at the Elliott's Oysterhouse in Seattle and tickets to see Lonestar at the Moore theatre. Shocked the hell outta me. Now, just need to see if my girlfriend can get off work that night to go.

Thought I'd share. Thought it was funny being called Mr. Mom.

2. Now you gotta post the letter she turned in to KMPS. Congrats and have fun!

3. She's kick my butt for this, but they read it on the radio. LOL

But this is all of it.

Hi Stubbs. I would like to nominate my boyfriend Jerry for the Mr. Mom contest. Jerry and I have been together 6 years now(living together 5), and when I first started dating him he made perfectly clear that his 2 kids were the center of his life. He had gone through a bad divorce, at the end of which he had gotten full custody of both children, Mackenzie(4 1/2 at the time) and Bradley(2 at the time). He was working a full time job and taking care of them.

When I moved in they stayed at home with me. But 2 years ago Jerry sustained and on the job injured and is off work on L&I, so we switched places. I went to work, and he stayed at home. Driving the kids to school, picking them up, packing lunches, tucking them in at night, going to parent/teacher conferences....the WHOLE works. The kids are excelling in school, very happy, and thrilled to have daddy at home(although they say they would like both of us to be home all the time, lol). So now Mackenzie, 10 and Bradley(almost 8) have had Jerry as their Mr. Mom for almost 2 years. Its gonna send our whole world spinning when he goes back to work in January and I am at home again...I surely hope I can remember how to be domestic again and do as good of a job as he has been doing.

He is the love of my life, and seeing how wonderful of a father he is just makes me love him more:) Thanks for listening.

4. That's a great letter. Thanks for sharing that with us and congrats.

5. Excellent!!! Good work, Jerry!

gm

6. Very nice! Don't know if you've seen the video but it's hilarious :D

7. Congrates to you both you lucky couple.

8. Great job Jerry, i commend you being there for your kids, keep it up and cherish them always.

9. Very cool, Jerry! You're probably going to have to shave the beard to pass for a mom though. ;)

10. Congrats Jerry. That is quite a feat of well earned accomplishment.

Dave

11. Thanks for the responses.

Dip, have you been to the schools lately when the kids get out? See quite a few women with about that much facial hair nowadays. :rofl:

12. Watch what you ask for, Kent will post pictures of them soon. lol

13. lol way to go jerry, its great to see a family man. now you need to change your SN to mr. mom :rofl:

14. Don't know which part is the best - the contest, your devotion to your kids or learning that you've finally recovered (I know that's been a long haul).

Congrats and best wishes.

Bart

15. don't forget! crayons go up one drawer higher.

16. Congrats, Jerry. You obviously have your priorities straight, as do the members of this site who recognize what's truly important.

Having read your posts about your father, and the significance of what he has taught you, I'm not surprised that you recognize that you have the ability to make the same difference to them.

Keep up the good work!

Andrew Toynbee
    aka Riverdog

17. well done!!

18. That's cool Jerry! Congrats!

I've been an at home Dad going on 5 years now to our two boys (ages 3 & 6). I wouldn't trade my relationship with them for anything. It's one I never would have had if I was still working 60 hours a week. And I still get a kick out of the reaction from people when they ask me what I do for a living. "Oh Really? Hmmm. Well, ahh, yea that's pretty neat. Hey wait a minute...I wish I could do that."

I never did care for the "Mr. Mom" title. Always reminds me of that bumbling character Michael Keaton played in the movie.

Here's to you Jerry :thumb:

**DAD'S ADVICE
    From a Father who has identified 35 truths he learned from his children:
    1. There is no such thing as childproofing your house.
    2. If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with
    roller blades, they can ignite.
    3. A 4-year-old's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded
    restaurant.
    4. If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong
    enough to rotate a 42-pound boy wearing pound puppy underwear and a
    Superman cape.
    5. It is strong enough, however, to spread paint on all four walls of a
    20x20' room.
    6. Baseballs make marks on ceilings.
    7. When using the ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up
    several times before you get a hit.
    8. You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on.
    9. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long ways.
    10. The glass in windows (even double pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit
    by a ceiling fan.
    11. When you hear the toilet flush and the words "uh-oh", it is already
    too late.
    12. Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke--------
    * lots of it.
    13. A 6 year-old boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a
    41-year old man says it can only be done in the movies.
    14. A magnifying glass can start a fire even on an overcast day.
    15. If you use a waterbed as a home plate while wearing baseball shoes,
    it does not leak. It explodes.
    16. A king-size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2,000 sq. ft house
    almost 4 inches deep.
    17. Legos will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year-old.
    18. Duplos will not.
    19. Play-Doh and microwave ovens should never be used in the same
    sentence.
    20. Super Glue is forever.
    21. MacGyver can teach us many things we don't want to know.
    22. So can Tarzan.
    23. No matter how much Jell-O you put in the pool, you still can't walk
    on water.
    24. Pool filters do not like Jell-O.
    25. VCRs do not eject PB&J sandwiches, even though TV commercials show
    they do.
    26. Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
    27. Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
    28. You probably don't want to know what that odor is.
    29. Always look in the oven before you turn it on.
    30. Plastic toys do not like ovens.
    31. The fire department in Seattle has at least a 5-minute response time.
    32. The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms
    dizzy.
    33. It will, however, make cats dizzy.
    34. Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
    35. A good sense of humor will get you through most problems in life.
    (....unfortunately, mostly in retrospect)

19. Congrats ! it's hard work I know I stayed home with my first when she was just a baby for five months. There were days I wanted to jump out the window that's for sure! well won't be long now and you will be out here with the rest of us working stiffs! but til then enjoy !

20. Thanks again guys. Yeah, wish I could stay home all the time actually. I've pretty much been the main parent, even when I was married. Wish I could stay home fulltime, but my ex doesn't pay child support (or hasn't in God knows when) and I'm pretty much their only support. I make alot more at my job, and isn't fair for my girlfriend to try and support me. LOL. Though I wouldn't mind having her be my Sugar Momma. ;)

Yeah, it's been tough, my girlfriend was a Godssend for sure. Was burning my candle at both ends. Wasn't anything new, my ex doesn't even know my son (she pretty much was out of his life since she stopped breastfeeding him). She works for the airlines, so wanted to live the jetset life, while I wanted to be more of a "family".