(NFR) I need a good family law lawyer...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Scott Keith, Oct 1, 2007.

  1. Scott Keith

    Scott Keith Member

    so... I'm going to court in November to get a modification of child support/visitation. Has anyone in Pierce County dealt with a good lawyer??? I had one (M. Gallagher) who was not meeting my needs. I'm looking for a replacement. Anyone?

    Scott Keith
  2. Josh

    Josh dead in the water

    Awwww, but his commercials make him sound like he will fight for you!

    Seriously though, I'm not making light of your situation. I just hate that guy's stupid TV ads. I think they really prey on guys (and gals I suppose) who are in a tough spot.
  3. Scott Keith

    Scott Keith Member

    Yeah... I agree, and I was when I started with him. I didn't hire him because of the commercials. I took the recommendation because of a DSHS worker that said they always hated it when he called.... apparently I mistook that as a compliment.
  4. Josh

    Josh dead in the water

    You should hear what my wife has to say about Kirk B. Bernard (she used to work in his office).

    No wonder lawyers get a bad rap.
  5. sashjo

    sashjo Member

    Only good lawyer is a dead one.
  6. Tim Lockhart

    Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

    Try one of the Manza's if you're looking in Pierce Co. Guessing 1 or 2 have retired off by now but not all of them.
  7. Scott Keith

    Scott Keith Member

    I'm waiting! What does she have to say???

  8. theworm

    theworm New Member

    I had an awful lawyer myself. My lawyer was disbarred before she even finished my case, so I ended up finishing the custody case myself. There was not a lot of legal work to do and I have to say I didn't do horrible. I really don't know the history of your case so I would NOT recommend representing yourself. Anyone who has seen Mike Gallagher in person knows exactly what you are going through. Lisa Scott in Bellevue (1-888-641-4484) used to give me excellent phone advice for free. i would atleast give her a ring. It is for free.
  9. Mr.E

    Mr.E He called me an Elitist ?? LOL ..what a moron

    Scott, I feel for you bro. I went through the same thing 5 years ago. Mine was complicated because I had to deal with Interstate Laws.

    My suggestion to you would be to google an online referral service and concentrate on the Lawyers/Advocates that deal specifically with Men's (Fathers Rights).

    It"s going to cost big $$, your going to feel like your getting screwed by your attorney but it's all worth it.

    For my case it took 3 yrs in court and I was awarded Full Custody of my two kids and I am still a single father.

    What ever the modifications you are trying to do, don't give in to anything if it doesn't feel right to you.;)
  10. Nick Andrews

    Nick Andrews New Member

    Sent you a PM
  11. Scott Keith

    Scott Keith Member

    I would love to get full custody. My ex moved the kids down to California so I don't spend much time with the kids. She's already been found in contempt once for denying visitation.... Unfortunetly on the outside she appears to be a stable, respectable person. She has no criminal record, no history of drug abuse, and her husband seems to be an ok guy. (My kids have suggested that my wife and their step dad get married so they can live with them... WTF?) On the inside though, she is very manipulative and has a not so well documented history of mental issues. We'll see what happens, both of the kids have said they would rather live with me, but being 7 and 9 they don't have much say yet.