NFR: No Solution, just dead kids...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Go Fish, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go Fish Language, its a virus

Rheomode, Wa.
    Ratings: +88 / 0
    Another nut job with a gun.

I have guns.
    I respect the right to have guns.

If these were my children how would I feel about guns?
    All I feel is sorrow for those that are gone and anger
    towards those that did this.

America has a problem and we have no solution.

Dave
  2. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +496 / 2
    Jesus, that thing in CT.....

Just reading the news report made me start to stress out and grow a pit of bile and sorrow in my stomach.

Some days you just don't think the world can get any more insane. Then you are proven wrong.

I intend to drink tonight and I will raise glasses for all those I care about in my life and how short and precious that life is.
  3. Phil Fravel Friendly

Bonney Lake
    Ratings: +96 / 0
    Well said Josh.

Along with that, Pray for the ones that lost there life and their families.
    And give hugs and tell the ones we love, just how special they are.
  4. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +408 / 0
    This will undoubtedly spark another round of gun control arguments, but the truth is
    that it is not the gun that is the problem, it is the person behind it. Something has gone
    terrible wrong with our society that these things can happen. I feel so helpless
    and I am certain that others feel that way too. My deepest condolences to those families that
    have lost so much today.
  5. mtskibum16 Active Member

Puget Sound Beaches
    Ratings: +201 / 0
    It's not just America my friend, it's a sick world out there! Thoughts and prayers to all the families and friends that are affected by this tragedy!
  6. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    Dave I totaly agree with you. Just makes me want to vomit.

What will come of this? We don't need to hear the same old political circus crap.

These were innocent children..
    Most likely children from parents of every political or religious identity. The bottom line is its irrelevant where they came from or who they were affilliated with.

They were children.
  7. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,561 / 0
    Someone going over the edge and killing people at random for no reason is crazy enough but to shoot grade school kids is beyond comprehension.

This guy was as mentally off as you can get.
  8. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    mourn now. discuss gun control later
  9. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    Now we have a whole school of kids and teachers, traumatized for life, who will have to be relocated to another school once they feel safe enough to want to go out. You know the school won't be open to kids for a long time, if at all.
  10. o mykiss Active Member

Ratings: +176 / 0
    Sounds like something Wayne LaPierre would say. And then he won't ever discuss it.
  11. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    cool story brah
  12. Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Washington
    Ratings: +53 / 0
    The guns he had were already illegal so I guess it doesn't really matter in the end anyway. What a sick fucker. I really hope there's a special place in hell for that pile of shit.
    Spencer Woods likes this.
  13. Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Quesnel, BC
    Ratings: +319 / 0
    I am going to focus on the familes of the people affected from now on. The assailant doesn't deserve my attention. There are a few hundred families that could use yours and my support.
  14. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,262 / 1
    I wish individuals such as this would just take themselves out rather then involving innocent others.
    I really feel for all of the families involved.
    mtskibum16 likes this.
  15. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,618 / 2
    Roger Ebert (the movie critic) made the same point in his review of the movie 'Elephant':
    Let me tell you a story. The day after Columbine, I was interviewed for the Tom Brokaw news program. The reporter had been assigned a theory and was seeking sound bites to support it. "Wouldn't you say," she asked, "that killings like this are influenced by violent movies?" No, I said, I wouldn't say that. "But what about 'Basketball Diaries'?" she asked. "Doesn't that have a scene of a boy walking into a school with a machine gun?" The obscure 1995 Leonardo Di Caprio movie did indeed have a brief fantasy scene of that nature, I said, but the movie failed at the box office (it grossed only $2.5 million), and it's unlikely the Columbine killers saw it.
    The reporter looked disappointed, so I offered her my theory. "Events like this," I said, "if they are influenced by anything, are influenced by news programs like your own. When an unbalanced kid walks into a school and starts shooting, it becomes a major media event. Cable news drops ordinary programming and goes around the clock with it. The story is assigned a logo and a theme song; these two kids were packaged as the Trench Coat Mafia. The message is clear to other disturbed kids around the country: If I shoot up my school, I can be famous. The TV will talk about nothing else but me. Experts will try to figure out what I was thinking. The kids and teachers at school will see they shouldn't have messed with me. I'll go out in a blaze of glory."
    In short, I said, events like Columbine are influenced far less by violent movies than by CNN, the NBC Nightly News and all the other news media, who glorify the killers in the guise of "explaining" them. I commended the policy at the Sun-Times, where our editor said the paper would no longer feature school killings on Page 1. The reporter thanked me and turned off the camera. Of course the interview was never used. They found plenty of talking heads to condemn violent movies, and everybody was happy.
  16. loganmike Member

Buying 4 licenses from now on!
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Hell does have a placed reserved for these sick fucks. I only wish we could get them there faster. I have a three year old son and sat in front of the computer and cried, just cried, and then felt sick.

In regards to Gun control. Our house has firearms, to hunt with. The right to have those arms is a right. The right to have an automatic weapon that is used in the times of war is not a "right". SOmething like this happened in England several years ago, says a colleague. Parliment, the next day, outlawed automatic weapons. England hasn't had it happen since. Coincidence. No god damn way!

SHit like this does happen all over the world, especially in war time countries. However, for a country not in current civil war, it happens a hell of a lot here.
  17. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Ratings: +164 / 0
    How many of the older guys like me remember when many rural HS school parking lots had trucks with a gun rack in the back window with 2 or 3 firearms? My HS was like that in rural Wisconsin. During show and tell in grade school many brought their fathers' deer rifle to class to talk about it. Not one firearms related incident for over 50 years.

Of course now cannot walk with 500 ft of a school with a nail clippers in your packet for fear of being arrested.

Quite a few on here will immediately jump on with their anti 2nd amendment virtriol and pimp their agenda and not even consider the real issues in society.

Maybe after banning frearms look to start banning knives too

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/14/chinese-children-knife-primary-school
  18. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Ratings: +164 / 0

What's an automatic weapon? You mean like a browning or remington auto shotgun?
  19. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,224 / 0
    Sadly, our fellow Americans in the NRA and the GOP will insist that tragedies like this are the sole result of 'nut jobs' and that in the end, such killings are a small price to pay for our constitutional right to bear arms.

K
  20. loganmike Member

Buying 4 licenses from now on!
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Those are semi automatic weapons, that you need to pull the trigger each time to release a shell filled with lead pellets, that can possible kill someone.

An automatic assault (shoulda put that word in there in the first place) is one in which the trigger is pulled and bullets continually are relased at an extremely rapid rate with the intent to kill.

Banning knives? I got the tongue in cheek there. I was logically voicing an opinion after a horrific event, and even gave an example of how a resolution worked for another country for the most part. And, you, you come on with a dumb ass comment about banning knives. I have a choice phrase for comments such as those in regards to times like these, but it is not tongue in cheek!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.