NFR: No Solution, just dead kids...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Go Fish, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +602 / 0
    I can summarize my story of a similar voyage in one word: vagina.
  2. speyfisher Active Member

State of Jefferson U.S.A.
    Ratings: +139 / 3
    I used to like Eggs Benedict too, until I discovered Country Benedict. In retrospect I now view Eggs Benedict as an English thing as compared to Country Benedict as an American thing. Eggs Benedict (Arnold)=poached egg on an English muffin topped with hollandaise sauce. Country Benedict= sausage patty atop a country biscuit topped with either fried or scrambled egg with sausage gravy on top of that. Yummy

How we postpone any further discussion on gun restrictions until after addressing some of the other issues?
  3. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Ratings: +774 / 2
    Thank you for reading them! That was why I posted them. The ensuing madness of this thread after my post is pure unintended consequence.
  4. Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

bellingham wa
    Ratings: +553 / 0
    I think that I'm gonna cook eggs benedict for brunch during the chickenhawk game.

I'll then ramp it up with hot wings at half time of the patsies game followed by some steak after the game.

Wine with brunch. Sierra Nevadas with the Patsies.

Go Sox,
    cds
  5. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +431 / 0
    If it's not that hard, then explain it.
  6. Kaiserman content

So, is that the "one size fits all" reply for you too Evan?
  7. dfl Active Member

Sequim WA
    Ratings: +130 / 0
    I like em both with a side of bacon.
  8. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    Ratings: +373 / 0
    I wouldn't have any interest in reading about anyone's conversion to christianity, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't care to read about my "conversion" to atheism. At the very least, this isn't the place for it. Didn't mean to jump in and support the derailment of this thread, which is now, apparently, about breakfast.

I honestly don't understand why religion has to be a part of this discussion at all.
    Pat Lat and Charles Sullivan like this.
  9. Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

bellingham wa
    Ratings: +553 / 0
    Brunch and lunch and dinner. Keep up!

Go Sox,
    cds
  10. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,681 / 2
    My story is very similar to the growing number of people who chose to seek information on their own. When you have a thirst for knowledge, read a lot, and are willing to accept things based on the best available knowledge, it's really easy to to go down the road I did (and by easy, I mean it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do once the easy 'accepting' part was done). That's about the extent of what I'll post outside of PM.
    dfl, Lugan and Jason Rolfe like this.
  11. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    Well said, Evan.
  12. Kaiserman content

Thanks Evan. And if you ever wanted to share your story in a PM, I'd love to hear it. Your path and mind sound very, very similar.
  13. Kaiserman content

You know Jason, you got your shorts in a bunch over I question I asked someone else. No one was talking about religion or Christianity, until you brought it up. And try having an original thought for yourself, rather than jump in and answer or "like" someone else response.

Remember: It's better to have people think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  14. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,681 / 2
    I told you that you were welcome to PM me if you were truly interested.
  15. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +786 / 1
    I just knew there was something I liked about you. If you would have offered to buy me a pint at the Tidewater, I would like you even more :D

DFL -- do you really need a high end rod and high capacity fly boxes to catch little fish? If you can't catch what you need with a 6 ft Wuppin Stick and Zebco, you probably should think about taking up knitting.
  16. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach

Hey Dave,

I honestly didn't mean that to come off as me having my shorts in a bunch over the issue--it was a genuine statement of my feelings on the matter. And to be fair, I definitely was not the one to bring religion into the discussion--there are a lot of people in previous posts who have been talking about religion or the supposed lack of it and the effect of that on society. That's what I was referring to with that comment.

Sorry if my post came off wrong. But, I can assure you I have plenty of original thoughts, and I don't feel there is anything wrong with liking a post or commenting on one that resonates with me, even if I wasn't the first one to say.

Cheers.
    dfl likes this.
  17. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +734 / 0
    I regret to inform you that the tread has already evolved to useless B.S.. At last glance the topic was about converting ones religion from christianity to ? , or something about Eggs benedict..
  18. Kaiserman content

Dude, no worries. I didn't mean to jump your S#!& like that, my bad. I'm sure that is one of those times I should have hit the delete button, but good on you for calling me out - or at least saying something.

What was this thread about again? :p
  19. dfl Active Member

Sequim WA
    Ratings: +130 / 0
    David, do you per chance get to drinking while you're reading, writing and responding to these posts?
  20. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +786 / 1
    What is the unit of measure for happiest and highest standards? How does not believing in anyone or anything greater than yourself and living under tyranny somehow become the standard of reference?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.