NFR Old Camp Stove

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by ffcarter, Jun 24, 2012.

1. ffcarter

ffcarter New Member

Hey all, is there anyone here that might know anything about this old camp stove I found? It's very cool looking and would like to know more about what I have on my hands here. Thanks!!! photo-15.JPG photo-16.JPG photo-17.JPG photo-18.JPG

2. Patrick Gould

Patrick Gould Active Member

I don't know anything about it but it sure made me smile. A real piece of industrial art.

3. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

For future reference. We have a "Camping, Hiking, and Cooking" Section on here. You might try posting there.

4. ffcarter

ffcarter New Member

Yes Patrick, crazy to think that was state of the art back in 1896, that is the about the only thing I know about this stove.

5. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

6. Mike Monsos

Mike Monsos AKA flyman219

I can't help either but I sure enjoyed the pictures of your find. That is a really cool camp stove!

Mike

7. bitterroot

bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

8. Jerry Daschofsky

I guess you found your info. Saw the sales ad.

9. ffcarter

ffcarter New Member

Well I've piece together a very small amount of information. Mainly from a paper ad for the stove in a hardware catalogue from 1896. The page from the catalogue is being sold on Ebay. The guys from spirit burner.com are about as mystified as myself. I have not tried the griswold blog yet. I posted it on Craigslist to see what kind of interest there is in it. To be totally honest I'm more then a little concerned about firing this thing up, although the valves are in great condition. Overall, I just don't know what to do with it.

10. Jerry Daschofsky

I'd fire it up in a second. Sounds like you know the make. What other info were you looking for?

11. mtskibum16

mtskibum16 Active Member

Very cool stove! Light 'er up!