NFR: Profanity

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by PT, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Coach Duff Banned or Parked

Kailua Hawaii
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    Hey Porter if you're going to step in the box and take a swing, use your own bat. Just because Chad K hit a double with it, doesn't mean you are going to even make contact. Great effort though kid! You'll get em next time! ;) Coach
  2. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +602 / 0
    Being a nub-tarded ass-hat doesn't lie solely in the domain of the profane.
  3. tythetier Fish Slayer

WASHOUGAL, WA
    Ratings: +40 / 0
    NOW LADIES, CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!!!!

THIS SHOULD BE THE SPOT THAT WE CAN PUT OUR DIFFERENCES ASIDE AND ENJOY EACH OTHERS COMPANY (PROFANE OR NOT).

JUST MY LAME TWO CENTS,

TY
  4. Coach Duff Banned or Parked

Kailua Hawaii
    A nub tarded ass hat? Let me go get my white glove, slap you ever so gently and let's duel fine sir! I love this site. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Whew! Porter, you are a nub tarded ass hat. Hurts don't it big fella. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I love you guys. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Tight lines boys, I pissed myself. Gotta go clean up. Tight lines Coach

And to think you were paying a therapist two hundred an hour because you were having trouble expressing anger! Now you're calling people nub tarded ass hats and it didn't cost ya a penny! Ahh, the magic of Scoones and his WFF website! Tight lines to all :beer1:
  5. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +602 / 0
    :)

For what it's worth, I wasn't calling anyone a nub-tarded ass-hat, just pointing out that being dumb has little to do with a persons use of vulgarity.
  6. Jon Borcherding New Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I've always had a fascination with language. I noticed something about language several years ago and I thought I might share it here. Much of the "profanity" in other european languages and some of the older profanity in the english language is actually better described as blasphemy or cursing. "God damn you" is actually a curse. In the nordic languages it would be something like "Faen ta deg" or "devil take you". It seems that most of this kind of "profanity", while demonstrating plenty of animosity towards the recipient, also demonstrates a lack of respect for authority in general and divinity in particular.
    For some reason, most modern American "profanity" seems to be centered on vulgar descriptions of human biological processes such as reproduction, defecation, urination, etc. It occurs to me that this is indicative of disrespect for humanity.
    That being said, I consider myself to be well versed in profanity but, I don't think that this forum is the appropriate place to prove it.

JonB
  7. Coach Duff Banned or Parked

Kailua Hawaii
    Are you telling me I wet my pants for no reason? Now I really lighly slap your face with my white glove and challenge you to a duel fine sir! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: It's all good my man, all good.
  8. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +524 / 0
    Exactly what can you drink and smoke in Hawaii? It must be good :thumb:

ChadK qoute (reply) was a inside the park-homerun not a double, Ichiro style, just had to add after what I just saw....we can also say Mariner MVP too.

Coach Duff...quit using baseball metaphors ...I hold you in higher respect.

Take Care!
  9. scottflycst Active Member

Ozark Mtn springwater
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    As I grew up our elders taught us that good language is a testimony to good character. Through the years I have witnessed this truth in many people.
  10. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +734 / 2
    Why don't we just settle this with a lower Snohomish, mid August humpy slap down! Some of us fish, some of us talk fishing, and others just play internet cop. I can contribute one 3 person raft, a 12' Duroboat with kicker. Any fisherman that pulls in a pink by it's anal opening is punished with 2 shots of Cuervo./?

Those that catch fish somewhere in the facial region (wdfw regs to be followed) have to eat their catch.

Barbeque somewhere in the area to follow?

Coach, bring that white glove.
  11. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Good character can come with bad language......Just like eating at the table....just because you scoop your soup spoon towards you and not away doesn't reveal character, however it might reveal your upbring or education. How many congressmen and leaders (?) use the language well and table manners and stink more than a dead skunk who has been defecated on.......More important is the person speaking to you and using his/her language looking you in the eye and you have that feel of honesty....regardless of verb subject agreement and all grammar laws.

I like that old Missouri Slogan 'The Show Me State'.......don't tell me 'Show Me! ...not always applicable but the meaning well served.
  12. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.

Might be in..let me know. coach will be busy trying to figure out how not to give up 400 ariel yards to BYU /and other opponents for that matter :confused: ...got good corners?:confused: ...2C M-under ...with Robbing Rover at times mixed with 3/2 split with and against Y side. I forget are you guys RAINBOWS or WARRIORS???:confused: :rofl:

By catch you mean touch them ..right? ]

BBQ only with real meat///Silver or Angus! :confused: :beer2: :beer2:

Probably be doing my own football gig by then...but hey, if free I would love to join
  13. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA

There are other fisheries I'll be more attracted to at that time so this wouldn't be my first priority. But every other year the humpy guys get ridiculed as just being a bunch of flossers and don't know what it's like to catch a "real" fish. So, just thought maybe one day the elite could meet with those that "don't know any better".

At the end of the day we might just come to understand why we all like to fish, and we'll understand we all fish for different reasons.:thumb:

Hell, swing a half/half dick nite on your sink tip if that's what it takes.:clown:
  14. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA

Sorry, too PC. I'll make it Coach real. You can all just go F yourselves because I'll be fishing over undisturbed steelhead at that time and wouldn't lower myself to humpy status. And, it will be with a 12 year old 5 wt IMX instead of some $700 spey thingy. Pissing on the fire? No thanks. I'd probably get the tip of something burned (while standing upright).:thumb:

Humpy smack down? Anyone intererested?
  15. Denny Active Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +45 / 0
    Who is this guy, anyway? That pops off he can cast 120'? I thought he left this site a year or ago so when he got his feelings hurt about someone disagreeing with him, but I've noticed that he's posting more and more frequently again on this forum . . .
  16. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Second thoguhts...why bother.
  17. slippery_whippet Member

Sedro Woolley, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    PT, Thanks for making the effort. As a relatively new member, I am still often surprised at the lowest common denominators that post so often on this board with nothing to really offer other than their limited vocabulary. :beathead:

As for Coach Bluff, besides being a complete blow-hard, when was the last time you actually wet a line (as opposed to your pants) or offered up anything someone on the mainland actually cared about let alone have it be about fishing??? :mad:

Myself, I recently found a small beaver pond near the Skagit/Whatcom county line. Incredible evening for myself and my two kids catching land-locked SRC's. My advice to you folks out there trolling for spots (you know who you are). Get off your back-sides and hike around and find a beaver pond near home. You'll save gas, you'll break a sweat and it might just pay off. :D
  18. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    :beer2:
  19. Dave Hartman is tired of trout

Whitefish, MT
    Ratings: +51 / 0
    All Star MVP and five more years in Seattle!
  20. Big Tuna Member

Wenatchee, Washington
    Ratings: +44 / 0
    I think you're going to fit right in around here:) Next time, don't candy coat it.