(nfr) Redsox!!!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by ak_powder_monkey, Oct 27, 2004.

1. ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

Eagle River, Alaska
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    Curt!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Johnny Saves
    [IMG]

BOSTON REDSOX WORLD CHAMPS 2004

[IMG]

Pictures by me at the Cell in Chicago
  2. Wayne Jordan Active Member

Ratings: +14 / 0
    How Sweep it is!

Just awesome, this one happy New Englander typing this message! :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:
  3. bugnuts Member

U.P., WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    Dare I say that it is now the Cub's turn to kill a curse? :D
  4. David Holmes Formerly known as "capmblade"

Snoqualmie, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +31 / 0
    Theo Epstein has just made it safe for all the statheads to come out and be more obnoxious than ever before!!!

Look for an end to bunting, base-stealing and other old-school shenanigans.
  5. Davy Active Member

SIlverton, OR
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    ooooh boy ???!!!!, now the Boston players will go out and get even more millions on top of the millions they allready get and it effects all of us exactly ZERO!!

Why do people even care?? Are they sending you any of that cash?Giving any back?Should the WA little league team hold out of a percentage of the ticket sales next year?

How would you feel if little kids pulled the same shenanigans these so-called modern athletes pull?

I payed my bills while the game was on and cared none and why does it show up here?Had to transfer some money from savings to checking this week to pay the medical bills- think Pedro will me out any?Ahh, maybe Manny and his 20 million++

Maybe Derek Lowe will donate part of the 15 million or more he gets next year to stream restoration.???????--Ok maybe I took to many Perodans to even ask that.

Congrads on winning the Lottery Boston players--now take some cues form Portland and go out and commit some crimes and be really good spoiled rich criminals and be givin 47 2nd chances.

Just my opinion,Davy-- the guy that used to be a baseball fanatic
  6. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Talent costs money. Get used to it. If you have none, you might have a residence in an alley near Pioneer Square. If you've got a bunch of talent, then you could be worth millions and your name might be Oprah Winfrey.

They are not stealing this money. Why resent it? No one complains much about CEO's who earn more than 150 million each year and they are stealing it.. Makes baseball players look like poor folk.

I said in one of my earlier post (it's a matter of record) that Boston would win the World Series and that Kerry would be the next president while Bush and the Texas boys from Houston would fold.

Bob, the I'm on a roll now and check with me on Nov. 3. :beer2:
  7. Davy Active Member

SIlverton, OR
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    "No One" ?? I do,are you implying that I am a "no one"?

I know you are talented Bob, and you too hope to make these millions with this talent.Believe me,I totally understand your side of the equation.I was only implying people sure seem to put a lot of stock in celebrity and money when it ultimatly effects them zero--other than a hand grab out of their own wallets.
  8. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,648 / 0
    What we need is everyone to quit worring about what is not in their control,such as Politics,pro athletes,god. And just stick to what we all are good at. Fishing. We can all tell a few lies ad swap a few stories. But when people get into politics they seem to go off the deep end and end up being sorry as to what comes out of their mouths. This is not the place for this as he has a different place for politicking.

So has anybody got a good fishing story???????

Jim
  9. pwoens Active Member

Spokane, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    you mean to tell us that you dont have one?? :p
  10. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Well I could lie a little but then again who would believe me. I went out yesterday but the fish were all tight lipped or I was fishing in barren waters. But again lately all the waters that I fish in are barren. bawling:

Another Jim again :beathead:
  11. ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

Eagle River, Alaska
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    Everything froze today it snowed a ton, looks like no fishing for a while, but the REDSOX WON THE WORLD SERIES holy crap I still can't believe that
  12. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    How can they call them the World Series when they only play in the United States????????? I could never ever figure out why they call it that.

Jim
  13. Hal Eckert Member

West GLs
    Congrats to the Bosox quite an achievement winning 8 playoff/series games in a row against Yanks and Cards. Never would have thought that could have been done. Made for a boring WS IMHO.

Nice pictures of the Cell, saw the M's play the White Sox there this summer and it was one of the most boring pro games I have ever seen. 3-2 M's pitchers walked in two runs. Yes walked in two runs !

Go Cubs, Yanks, and White Sox in 2005. (FYI: I grew up a Yankee fan living there the first 29 years of my life, Mantle, Maris, Berra, Bauer, Slaughter,Skowron, Richardson, Kubek, Ford, Ditmar, Duren, etc.. eras)

BTW, I guess I will be seeing lots of Bo Sox caps on the rivers now like I have been seeing on the street already here. Got to love those people that have to identify with the current winning team, tells you something about their character I think. I know half of them are not true BoSox fams particularly here in Chicago, Mid west. Hardly ever saw a BoSox hat prior to now.

Let me know if you see that Old Man with a BoSox cap on ? LOL

:beer2:

BG
  14. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    It will never happen. I already have a cap and it has "Washington Fly Fishing.com on it. And it is good enough for me. :thumb:

Jim :thumb:
  15. Mike Etgen Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here

Port Orchard, Washington, USA.
    My HeadGear

black ghost...

Maybe we'll cross paths on the water out here if you're ever this way. You'll know me by the traditional dark blue BoSox hat, or if it's warm, the white one with the blue bill. Both are well worn and I can show you the sweat lines as proof of their authenticity. They're the more recent of a string of Boston hats I've worn for oh, about thirty years.
    Come to think of it, I may break out my Sarasota Red Sox cap this year - got that one on a whim a long time ago in Florida. Red body, blue bill, blue "S" outlined in white.
    You almost confirm a suspicion I've had about Yankee fans, which is that over most of the past fifty or so years, it's been easy to be a Yankee fan, since they've almost always been loaded with talent and money and have been pretty consistently winners. I've sometimes wondered if that isn't the reason they have a fan base all over the country, and is also the reason they're probably the most HATED team in professional baseball, since there are some folks who just naturally gravitate to the underdogs. But that would be stereotyping. ;)
    Ain't it great to be a baseball fan? We can go on and on about all the off-the field changes, but in the end, it's still a great sport, and one place where a grown man can remember what it was like to be a boy again.
  16. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    I've been thinking about getting a Red Sox hat, Mike, and maybe you have a tip or two for me. I 've noticed that all their hats are filthy. Do they come filthy out of the box? What is best for giving them that Boston look?. Seems like tire grease would be right up there from what I have seen. Maybe I'll drag it behind my truck on my was to Forks. Some of those batting helmets were so sullied you couldn't even make out the
    "B".
    Maybe I just stay a Mariner fan.

Bob, the WE may stink but we are clean. :rofl:
  17. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    i caught a 27in hen a few hours ago, #7 in the past 2 weeks. Thats the best i can do....

Peace,
    Andy
  18. Hal Eckert Member

West GLs
    I know the Old Man is a man of principle and is not the kind to climb on the band wagon to perceived as a winner like many other people do. Saw more of the Bosox hats and shirts and prep football playoff games this weekend, sickening, never seen them before out here in Chicago cubs and white sox country. Oh well

Cubs hex is next to break along with Sox. Maybe the Mariners would like our over the hill self centered whiney all star right fielder, Mr. Sammie Sosa. We are looking to move this cancer. Plus since he got off the juice and corked bats note the considerable reduction in his power numbers. Heres the Friendly Confies of Wrigley Field , if you ever get the chance catch a game there its an experience all true baseball people should have.

[IMG]

:beer2:

BG