(NFR) Restaurants in Port Angeles?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by ChrisC, May 25, 2006.

1. ChrisC Member

Ratings: +24 / 0
    I'm taking the family to the Peninsula this weekend and was wondering if any of you have restaurants to recommend in the Port Angeles/Sequim area. Not looking for fine/white table cloth dining but places that are less formal with decent food (e.g. a good brewhouse-type restaurant).

Thanks,
    Chris
  2. shawn k Member

buckets worldwide
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    there is a great chinese place called dynasty. It is on the corner of 101 across the street from the tesoro station.
  3. gt Active Member

sequim, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    three crabs in sequim. follow the sequim/dungeness hwy n out of town. big sign, you will bear right. best seafood going :p
  4. fatwhitedog New Member

a place on the OlyPen, Wa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    **a good brewhouse-type restaurant.**

The only thing fitting that description is Appleby’s in Sequim next to Wal-Mart.
  5. Josh Benjamin New Member

duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    iagree FULLY!!
    great grub there...cool setting, layed back atmosphere
  6. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    How about a picnic on the beach.:confused:

Should have it all to yourself...:hmmm:

(see 'sewage' post)
  7. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +652 / 1
    Are you talking $50 a plate good or $20 a plate. Nice to know what to expect before walking in.

I have a hard time driving by Frugals without pulling in for a couple burgers.:thumb:
  8. Josh Benjamin New Member

duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    $20 if i remeber correctly. it's not a fancy place at all.
    just a nice laid back restaurant.
  9. gt Active Member

sequim, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    agree, closer to $20. brewpub?????? don't i wish. hummm maybe this is a business opportunity.................
  10. otter Banned or Parked

Port Angeles, Washington
    If you like a Japanese roadhouse, try Okasan (couple blocks before Frugals on the right hand side). Sushi, sashimi and more conventional dinners plus good beer & wine. Cheerful, fast waitresses & reasonable prices, and the food is good.

Otter
  11. ChrisC Member

Ratings: +24 / 0
    Thanks for your suggestions--is Frugal's a good lunch place or both lunch and dinner (for burgers)? And how do I find Frugal's?

Likewise, I take it that Okasan is on the same street as Frugal's?
  12. otter Banned or Parked

Port Angeles, Washington
    Frugals is this amazing drive thru place that looks a little bit like an Airstream trailer on steroids burger joint. Always a line. Its on Front Street which is what hiway 101 turns into coming into town from the West. Its on the lefthand side 8-10 blocks before you get to Lincoln St. which is the main cross street as you enter PA. Okasan is also on Front St./Hwy 101 a couple three blocks on the righthand side before you get to Frugals.

Otter
  13. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +323 / 0
    Ever try Fat Smitty's further down by the turn off to Port Townsend? Another great burger place, but a total greasy spoon. You can't miss it, look for the chainsaw art hamburger.... What's not to like :)
  14. Bob Triggs STOP KILLING WILD STEELHEAD!!!!

Ratings: +531 / 0
    "Crazy FisH"

Downtown on Main street kind of across from Port Book and News

A bit of Margaritaville on the O.P. Very informal lunch/dinner and wonderful food, real beer and great service by nice people. Live Music most nights too.

:beer2:
  15. sportsman Active Member

Kirkland, wa., 98034.
    Ratings: +48 / 0
    Bob, not meaning to 'hijack' the thread, but is the restuarant in John Wayne Marina still in buisness? They had the best Fish & Chips you could find!