(NFR) Saying hi

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Parts Man, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Parts Man New Member

Marysville, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Hello Everyone, just found this forum awhile back, and after "lurking" for a couple weeks thought I wold join in.
  2. pwoens Active Member

Spokane, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Welcome aboard.

If you dont mind me asking, what does "Parts Man" refer to...cars ????

~Patrick ><>
  3. Parts Man New Member

Marysville, WA, USA.
    Yes I am a Parts Manager for a New Car Dealer in Everett, that has been my handle for about 20 years now. Been in the business since 1980.
  4. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +766 / 1
    We's neighbors! I'm in Silver Lake...you sure you wanna do this???
    ;)

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...
  5. Mike Etgen Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here

Port Orchard, Washington, USA.
    RiverFishing

Well, maybe not with YOU, Roper! Depends on what you mean...(Just kidding).
    Welcome aboard, Parts Man. You've stumbled into just about the most interesting site I know of for flyfishing and other topics.
    We're like one big happy family here even though there's a crazy uncle locked in the attic. I won't suggest who that is. Anyway, every family has one of those, right? :7
    Looking forward to your participation!

Mike :thumb
  6. Paul Huffman Lagging economic indicator

Yakima, WA.
    Ratings: +128 / 0
    Welcome.

So, what's your favorite secret desert spring creek?
  7. Tightline Brian Perry

Seattle, Wa, USA.
    Welcome to the site!

Good one Major! :rofl

~B
  8. Stephen Rice Senior Member

Wasilla, Alaska
    Now that's just Mean ! LOL}( }(
    Welcome aboard! this is without a doubt the best site going. Good bunch of guys here. I hope you will enjoy the site as much as I have.
  9. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    That hurts!

Golly Mike, and here I thought you were a nice guy...

Parts Man, ya gotta give us a little more. Rivers? Lakes? Salt? Give it up man, what's your primary interest?

Roper,

Good things come to those who have a room in the attic...
  10. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,618 / 0
    Welcome on board. I see from your profile that you are from Marysville. That is even a bigger welcome.

Most of these guys will probably be nice to you untill you start asking questions on where all the good fishing is at.I've been here for a while and they still won't tell me where the good fishing is at. They tell me to go find it all out for myself. And being that I'm getting on in years it's getting harder to get around. Come on guys help an old man out!!!!!!!:p .

Just had to get a few digs in to the people. But welcome aboard.

Jim:smokin
  11. Mike Etgen Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here

Port Orchard, Washington, USA.
    That hurts!

RiverFishing

Roper...

Of course I'm a nice guy! :7 In fact, it seems I'm always the one harping on the need for civility here, especially for the new arrivals!
    I hope you really weren't offended. I just figured I could take a little more liberty with you since we've met and you surely noticed I'm a pretty harmless soul.
    By the way, I surely wasn't implying that YOU were the crazy uncle in the attic. In fact, I figure that role is rotated pretty regularly amongst several likely candidates... :rofl

Peace...

Mike :thumb
  12. troutaholic Member

University Place, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Welcome Aboard Parts man! This is the best place around for flyfishing info by far...
  13. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    That hurts!

Mike, I'm a lot thicker skinnned than that, of course you're a nice guy. So was Archie Bunker.

I'm headed to Lost Wages for Thanksgiving but when I return we should fish together, later MF.

Roper,

Good things come to those who have thick skins...:rofl
  14. Parts Man New Member

Marysville, WA, USA.
    That hurts!

More info for Roper---Born and raised in Albany OR. Moved here in 1999. fly fishing since 77.rivers, lakes, no salt to speak of. Love to drift a nymph, Love to swing a fly for Steelhead. Lots of gear fishing over the years too, a little guiding in OR. only one hobby and fishing is it.Born in 62 two teenaged sons and a wife of 21+ years.
  15. Parts Man New Member

Marysville, WA, USA.
    Major--There's a really good one over in the Blues of Oregon. But if I tell you about it I will have to kill you, LOL:rofl :rofl
  16. Parts Man New Member

Marysville, WA, USA.
    Roper
    No!!!I wasn't sure, I had to think about it for awhile. My wife says I'm anti-social, and this will be good for me...so here goes
  17. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Oh great, one misanthrope around here was enough, maybe you could just be a curmudgeon???

Seriously, welcome to the forum, it's a lot of fun and good fishing information.

Roper,

Good things come to those who welcome new members...