(NFR) Seahawks again

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Rory McMahon, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Porter

Porter Active Member

NFR Seahawks again

AFFN (all fly fisher notice)....If you see trout990 on a lake....sink him....unless you like visiting this site for sports, play-off predictions, fantasy teams, contracts, salary cap, arena and stadium deals/contracts, post seaon stats vs. regular season, coaches on the hot seat, coaches on the rise, mariner acquisitions, and team analysis because trout990 as an opinion on it all........(JK)...In honesty I visit others sites for my football/baseball etc. fill...this is a break from my life's pressures (if you want to call them)....Trout990 ...I have a feeling you don't know one thing about football....what is Cover2 Man Under?...What is pass protection with G/RB weak inside/out read option. and when you run a weakside G/RB inside/out scheme who is hot on the strong side and what is the dual read between QB and that hot? Is it Y or Z ...and what is the route? Basic Knowledge football 101? And then the locker room....T.O. ...good ridance. Please I take it elsewhere...so can you. But then again how did fruitcake get on this board?

2. prosopium

prosopium Member

NFR Seahawks again

Trout990 thanks for putting posts up like this. I know its a "fishing" website but really how much can you talk about fishing, i know i get tired of talking and hearing about it all the time. Im looking forward to a post on the Dawgs hoop team. Anyway i thought this post was about the Hawks, not the vikings a team that hasnt beat a team with more than four wins besides the Giants. I wanted to correct you and tell you that the Viks will not make the playoffs this year. I see them losing to the steelers, rams and bears. Just my predictions and in most cases they are wrong except for on Monday when i predicted the Hawks would be up by at least 28 at the half. I hope my predictions for the Hawks playoff outlooks go as well as that one.

3. Rory McMahon

Rory McMahon Active Member

NFR Seahawks again

Thank you, i knew someone appreciates me post.

4. Rory McMahon

NFR Seahawks again

Your right, i dont play football, i dont know most of what you were talking about but i still know somethings about football, enough to have opinions. And there is no rule against posting my opinions on non fishing related topics as long as i put NFR. Unless there is some unspoken, unwritten code that everybody is supposed to secretly follow. :ray1:

5. Porter

Porter Active Member

NFR Seahawks again

In a way I want to strangle you...but remember..... is what I try to tell myself...people have opinions without the knowledge of what is going on....like you. Opinions without knowledge is? exactly. Oh well you are right I don't have to read them....can you answer this...How did fruitcake get on this board?

6. Tony Mull

Tony Mull Member

NFR Seahawks again

geez porter, lay off! if you don't want to talk about football then don't click on the freaking post! don't tell us you read all the others! :p

7. Rory McMahon

NFR Seahawks again

ok your right, i dont know every little play configuration and audibles and all that but i do know about football. So to say these are opinions without knowledge is just false assumptions. And if i didn't know about football. What better way to learn than to talk about it. Thats what Socretes said, just not about football.

8. Porter

Porter Active Member

NFR Seahawks again

Tony...no I don't ...but football has a place in my heart...since I played it for 17 years. T990....go ahead...dribble on.....like I said ......How did fruitcake make its way? I just hate it when people blame Qb's for a bad pass when it might be a receivers fault...protections fault....so many variables and if you dont really know....your opinion is mut. An offensive linemans call can be blamed for an interception.....A RB being stuffed can be his fault or his own fault...option block...inside/outside read he takes the dive inside when he should have taken outside.......that's why they have IQ quizes (and put a lot of value into them) and this regards draft picks too. Studs stupid is disaster....wannabe's with knowledge are hard to beat.

OK you have lined up in a slot formation...basically four receivers ....two to each side with a RB behind QB. The two receivers one each side run combo routes......if the defense shows a man cover or 1 over cover the QB is going to one side (A side) if they show up in two safety set or a version of it the QB will go to B side. (and from each side will be an individual read perhaps a corner....drops back to far hit the under route....if tight hit the deep corner route)....this **** goes on and on...but most dont have a clue......It would be like fly fishing with four partners and if one screwed up...well...no fish then....OK I'm done.....just know I know the game better than the lay-man...by playing and coaching...and hate opinions!

9. Rory McMahon

NFR Seahawks again

well i understand where your comming form and i had a feeling you used to play football, quarterback? I do understand football more than you think. I understand that you cant blame it on the obvious choice always. I know the importance of smart players and how one small mistake with running the wrong route or a tight end blowing there blocking assignment or even runningback running to far in the backfield on a flat route. I dont know near as much as you but i do know somethings so please respect my opoinions or atleast keep quiet about them.

10. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

NFR Seahawks again

easy duz it porter, 990 will probably find a sports forum where he can get better feed back and not get flamed soon enough. Nice job picking a fight with a 15 year old, high five.

11. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

NFR Seahawks again

This post comes up every season. so what if it does. there is a lot of topics that come up that aren't strictly fly fishing or have anything to do with flyfishing. pick and choose what you want to read. porter, you've been around on this site for awhile so you had to of seen the seahawks posts last year. i don't remember it being that big of a deal then, to anyone.

12. Porter

Porter Active Member

NFR Seahawks again

Ok...I'll shut up now...just worked up for some reason...can't explain. T990 ...sorry....you guys really want to know what it is this year...Oregon being left out with a 10-1 record. Do you believe that? I hate the Ducks...Go seahawks....watch out for Carolina! MD ...your'e right ...I'll leave it alone...but I don't remember it ever being a weekly deal (mildly). Sorry T990 I didn't know the age gap as Zen pointed out.....explains your excitement/enthusiam.....never play fantasy football....because players should never play for stats..... Once they do the team suffers....My final say....and nobody even go there.

13. Rory McMahon

NFR Seahawks again

i wasn't too worried about them because of there inability to run the ball but since they made a switch to deshaun foster, tehre are a serious contender

14. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

NFR Seahawks again

Yes, Oregon got screwed. A 10-1 record and now just playing a medocore game.

I don't think that it is fair to have the East Coast teams locked into the BCS when the West Coast doesn't. That's how Florida State got in. A 7-4 or is it 7-5. I'm not to sure. I for one think that the BCS is a bunch of hogwash.

Jim

15. Rory McMahon

NFR Seahawks again

I agree on Oregon. They lost one game to the best team in the nation. How do they not get a BCS bowl

16. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

NFR Seahawks again

They use the BCS to pick the two top teams in the Nation and the rest get picked because of their drawing power. Some of the East Coast teams get there because of ties to the bowls.

Last year Notre Dame got beat by Oregon State. I guess that they are afraid of any teams from Oregon beating up on the East Coast teams.

Jim

17. Rory McMahon

NFR Seahawks again

Wow, what a game. I got a call this morning to see i if wanted to go to hte seahawks game. The seats were great, right on the 15 yard line, 16 rows up. If we keep playing this good i think we have a chance against indi.

18. Porter

Porter Active Member

NFR Seahawks again

Congrats on the Caps....

19. Ringlee

Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator Staff Member

NFR Seahawks again

Porter, For being all pissy about talking about the seahawks on this supposedly fly fishing only website, You sure our into this post. Posting like every third time about how football and trout990. Do you know him or are you just talking alot of ISH?

20. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

NFR Seahawks again

Football is cool... I watch it exactly once a year, at my buddies super bowl party. During the rest of the season, I'm fishing.